Iomega mobile storage solution...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iomega mobile storage solution...

I was reading over at DPreview about Iomega's new $59.99 mobile Zip drive with a 7 in 1 memory card reader. And since you can get a pack of about 8, 750 MB zip disks for under 15 bucks, this seems a worthy, and inexpensive alternative to the mobile harddrives. Except the only problem it seems is that it must be powered by a computer . What a pain.

What do you think?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0404/04...plusfloppy.asp
    CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

I used to have a 250mb zip drive and those disks scared me whenever i put one in. It sounded about to fail all the time and one time one actually did.

Comment

Agreed. I had a Zip drive in the past and it was nothing but trouble. Besides, if the thing is powered by a computer, you'd need a laptop to run it out in the field anyways. I find it easy to use a CF card reader and dump the photos to my laptop...repeat as needed. I suppose if you don't have acess to a laptop for this my point is moot...
      George R. Widener
      Oshkosh, WI USA
      Aircraft Photos Here
      Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

I was looking around online to find out more and found out that it is simply a 1.44" floppy bunddled with a card reader for "seamless, image transfers to your computer." I guess it isn't what I orignally thought it was.
        CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

Working...
        X