Questionable EXIF date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questionable EXIF date

One this photo I am wondering how the date on the photographers camera is entered per EXIF. Shot 0555? Definitely not shot before 6am.

JY-BAH. Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Originally posted by baldwin8 View Post
    One this photo I am wondering how the date on the photographers camera is entered per EXIF. Shot 0555? Definitely not shot before 6am.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10655803
    Most likely, the photographer has an incorrect date set in the camera.

Comment

It should just be the camera is in an east Asian time zone. The a/c landed in Toronto at 5:55pm, which is 5:55am(+1) for UTC+8.

Comment

Originally posted by cyx323 View Post
        It should just be the camera is in an east Asian time zone. The a/c landed in Toronto at 5:55pm, which is 5:55am(+1) for UTC+8.
        So photos are organized by UTC in the Database? Only if the Database knows how the the camera settings are applied.

Comment

Only if the Database knows how the the camera settings are applied.
          The EXIF data is based on the photos metadata from the camera.
          But in case, that the camera is set in a 12hr UTC format, that it would be nicely around 13:00.

Comment

So photos are organized by UTC in the Database? Only if the Database knows how the the camera settings are applied.
            Are you referring to the photo sequence shown on FR24? If yes, photos are only sorted down to provided photo taken date, not the exact times (hours/minutes). I've forwarded admins to correct the date to 19th due to incorrect time zone settings.

Comment

Hi,
              I know this photographer. He is my friend. Recently, he went to Canada from China to study abroad. It was obvious that he forgot to change the camera date.

Comment

Working...
              X