Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Queue and current screening times

Hello everyone,

as everyone frequent to Jetphotos has most probably noticed, screening takes almost 17 days for quite a while now which has become more and more over the months and years.
    Is FR24 as the owner now thinking about improving the situation ? Any new screeners on the horizon ? Or maybe a change in the slot system ? When I am reading the advice topics, I am wondering how many completely unacceptable pics are being uploaded or appealed with people not reading the rules or taking care of the slightest hints given, which results in the enormous amount of pics uploaded. Any ideas how to deal with that ?

Thank you for your response and have a great day (and keep screening)

Thanks for your message :

- adding new screeners is always tricky as training them is extremely time consuming and the more screeners we have the less consistent screening becomes.
    The idea for now is to add 2-4 screeners until the year's end
    - Slot per acceptance ratio. That's our main hope when it comes to reduce and control the queue. We are hoping for this new system to be implemented as soon as possible but no timeline yet

- not that many totally unacceptable pics are uploaded and ignoring our comments hasn't been worst then before but yes as always, Appeals and hot photos are 2 things that do slow the screening A LOT and personal attitude is the only way to improve it....

- 100 slots fo non-crew users, we'll be dropping that privilege soon as we see no reasons to keep it for longer (it's been 6 years now) and it's pretty unfair for all the new photographers who have no way to get that many slots. But that's not a miracle solution to bring the queue down as stats show it would only have a small effect on the whole waiting time.

Thank you for your patience
    Alex

Comment

Good tips, but I feel like adding new screeners could be a bit tricky given inconsistent standards - might not be a huge problem but occasionally would still struggle with that. I`ve been hearing rumors of a new acceptance-ratio-based queue system for quite a while years but have no idea why it`s still pending implementation.

Comment

Honestly, I'm not in all this rush. Maybe FR24 is very hungry for updated photos, but that shouldn't affect the current system.
        Yes, maybe a few more screeners, but in my opinion not much else

Comment

Originally posted by OCFLT_OMGcat View Post
          . I`ve been hearing rumors of a new acceptance-ratio-based queue system for quite a while years but have no idea why it`s still pending implementation.
          Unfortunately it's the same old story in that we are waiting for resource from FR24 to do that. Their own platform takes up the majority of their time.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post

Unfortunately it's the same old story in that we are waiting for resource from FR24 to do that. Their own platform takes up the majority of their time.
            I didn't realize FR24 and JP were that closely tied together.

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

I think they should do something like, if I have a gold subscription on fr24, then I get more slots, something like that. The 'free service' kinda speech would be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

FR24 owns JetPhotos.

Comment

FR24 owns JetPhotos.
                  Huh, good to know. Thought they were separate entities with a partnership.

Comment

FR24 owns JetPhotos.
                    and thats why they finally need to step in and improve things.

Comment

Originally posted by andrelesenechal View Post

I think they should do something like, if I have a gold subscription on fr24, then I get more slots, something like that. The 'free service' kinda speech would be gone.
                      To be honest, I don't think that's gonna work out. Almost everyone can get a subscription on FR24 but it doesn't mean they know the uploading rules. What's more, some country has banned FR24. For example, users in my country cannot download FR24 from App Store, not to mention subscribing it. Although I have the app, but I couldn't subscribe it. So it's unfair for those JP users who cannot download or subscribe the APP.

Comment

Hello! Because this topic talks about the queue, I have a question to do.
                        Was normal when was submitted a photo with a registration non existent until that moment at JP, that photo doesn´t wait in the queue and be screened quickly. Did happened any change with that? Because I have one photo in this situation at three days ago in the queue. Thanks by the attention.

Comment

Originally posted by JoseJorge View Post
                          Hello! Because this topic talks about the queue, I have a question to do.
                          Was normal when was submitted a photo with a registration non existent until that moment at JP, that photo doesn´t wait in the queue and be screened quickly. Did happened any change with that? Because I have one photo in this situation at three days ago in the queue. Thanks by the attention.
                          Did you point this out when uploading the image in the 'Hot photo?' field?

Comment

Originally posted by CARBONOX CN View Post

To be honest, I don't think that's gonna work out. Almost everyone can get a subscription on FR24 but it doesn't mean they know the uploading rules. What's more, some country has banned FR24. For example, users in my country cannot download FR24 from App Store, not to mention subscribing it. Although I have the app, but I couldn't subscribe it. So it's unfair for those JP users who cannot download or subscribe the APP.
                            It applies for those FR24 users who also upload to Jetphotos, if they don't know the rules their pictures would be rejected...

And I don't have that information, but FR24 surely covers most parts of the globe. A 1 country issue should not be a matter of disposing the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by andrelesenechal View Post

It applies for those FR24 users who also upload to Jetphotos, if they don't know the rules their pictures would be rejected...

And I don't have that information, but FR24 surely covers most parts of the globe. A 1 country issue should not be a matter of disposing the idea.
                              it's ridiculous
                              Shouldn't be spending money to decide this,Should be determined by the level of photography.

Comment

Working...
                              X