Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigma 50-500 mm F4-6.3 APO DG HSM

Hi

Just looking for people's thoughts and opinions on the Sigma 50-500 mm F4-6.3 APO DG HSM lens for Nikon. I am looking at getting this as a replacement for my current Nikkor 55-300mm for use on my current D3300, which I am in-tern going to upgrade to a Z6 in the near future.

Just want to know your thoughts/opinions on this lens for aviation photography and if there is something better on the market in the same price range that yu would use over this.

Many thanks
    chris

I've got it for my Canon Rebel T7, and it works pretty well for how massive of a range it's got, being 50-500. If there's any questions about it that you've got just reply here and I can try to answer. I've only had it for about a year, so I don't know each and every thing just yet.

Comment

I used it on my D750, later on the D810 and it worked really good. It is heavy and needs a lot of light (or higher ISO).
      However, if I read it correctly on the Sigma page, its no longer on production and so you may need to look for a used unit.
      In any case, for the Z6 you will need the FTZ adapter since Sigma yet not offers lenses with Z-Mounts.

Comment

The last 5 year I have used one my D300s, D3 and now D800. I find it a great lens for all ranges, except at full 500mm, I find vignetting occurring. However, for 90% of the shots I take, it is spot on.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, just trying to workout whats the best setup to go with moving forward.

Comment

Working...
          X