Question about the rule of composition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the rule of composition

Recently I tried two times of uploading pictures of B-653R photo, both of them were rejected.
    Since uploading picture to JP, I often asking friends for help and asking suggestions from JP forum.
    Link of the photo got at the first time:https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10583552 / Example of accepted photo taken by my friend: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10639335
    When I was rejected for the first time, I turned to the community for help. The friendly staff at jetphotos told me that it was Subjective decision for both.
    Following the advice of the staff, I decided to appeal the photo because I don't see anything wrong with it from my point of view. But I was rejected and asked to use the community to learn about the rejection. However, in the upload manual, there is very little information about cut off rejection, and there is no specific example to help me.

One day later, I asked my experienced photographer friend who also had thousands of photos on jetphotos for help. He taught me how to crop photos through his past experience. I used his previous photos to imitate and modify my pictures. But the photo with new composition style got rejected as well........
    Link of rejected photo :https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10588525
    Link of accepted photo taken by my friend:https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10446840 , https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10445154

I didn't write this because I asked the helpful jetphotos staff to re-appeal about these two rejected photos (because I know appeal is the end of screening process), but I hope that the jetphotos website can update the contents of the uploaded photo manual, because there are too few information about some details in the manual, and I believe more than I was rejected because of this problem, which wasted not only the photographer's time, but also the screeners' time. And I think that on the issue of composition, every screener should have the same standard. If each screener is subjectively different, is it mean I re-upload the photos that have been rejected without modification are possible to get accept?

From my opinion, rule of part of aircraft cut off should not be 'Subjective decision'

Anyhow, large thanks for JP crew who gave me advice in forum!

Kind regards from Sydney
    Charlie Chang

Hi,
    Thank you for using the forum as requested....

The crops are all borderline and honestly I would have rejected all the accepted photos there. For the 1st rejection. Try to never cut through a round form. That's a general advise in photography. Not only on JP.
    For the 2nd examples. Cutting the photo after the reg and including all that fuselage on a MD type kind of plane is way too much plane for a crop and that's why I believe your friends pics should have been rejected.

Now...
    I do understand that it might look frustrating but... Please remember you only see the accepted images (sometimes wrongly) but you don't get to see all the similar photos that get rejected in a daily basis. So that's why I really believe your photos were correctly rejected.
    Hope it helps

Regards
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
      Hi,
      Thank you for using the forum as requested....

The crops are all borderline and honestly I would have rejected all the accepted photos there. For the 1st rejection. Try to never cut through a round form. That's a general advise in photography. Not only on JP.
      For the 2nd examples. Cutting the photo after the reg and including all that fuselage on a MD type kind of plane is way too much plane for a crop and that's why I believe your friends pics should have been rejected.

Now...
      I do understand that it might look frustrating but... Please remember you only see the accepted images (sometimes wrongly) but you don't get to see all the similar photos that get rejected in a daily basis. So that's why I really believe your photos were correctly rejected.
      Hope it helps

Regards
      Alex
      First of all, thank you for your reply to my question. I now understand the current situation.

However, I sincerely suggest that Jetphotos can update and upload the uploading guide. If the information in the guide can be further improved, I believe it will save many unnecessary rejections.

The upload manual of another aviation website can be used as a good reference:https://www.airliners.net/faq/photo_acceptance_guide/

In addition, I want ask what is an appropriate appeal frequency? I sometimes want to appeal pictures because I don't agree with the reason for , but the senior screener always seems to warn me after I appeal because he thinks my appeal frequency is too high. As a result, I'm afraid to appeal my rejected photos, which may leads to further negative consequences to me. But in fact, I don't want to deliberately increase the pressure on senior screeners, and I am just only don't agree with the rejection I received.
      Kind regards from Sydney
      Charlie Chang

Comment

Thank you for your reply

About adding more things to the upload guideline, it only makes it more difficult to handle and use. Composition is sometimes subjective and no text will be able to solve that.

About your appeals, let's say you're are really way over the line. I appealed 2 photos out of my last 100 rejections.... that's low but I would say that 10% of rejections appealed, no more please.

Thank you

Comment

Thank you for your reply

About adding more things to the upload guideline, it only makes it more difficult to handle and use. Composition is sometimes subjective and no text will be able to solve that.

About your appeals, let's say you're are really way over the line. I appealed 2 photos out of my last 100 rejections.... that's low but I would say that 10% of rejections appealed, no more please.

Thank you
          Thanks for your answering, I wish you have a good day!

But I think more if more example could be provided in guideline would be better! It is just my personal opinion.

Regards

Kind regards from Sydney
          Charlie Chang

Comment

Hello Charlie,

As Alex mentioned, composition is always subjective, one screener could like it, the other could call it off for cut-off. I've also experienced that on several occasions, but in my idea, there are a few unwritten rules
            -Never cut through the landing gear
            -Never cut through windows
            -Never cut through engines.

I will give you five photos from me with cut off parts to give you an idea, about what's possible..

D-ACNE. Bombardier CRJ-900LR. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Entering taxiway Victor. PH-BVO. Boeing 777-306ER. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Face to face with this Qatar A350-1000 on finals for runway 18R.. A7-ANL. Airbus A350-1041. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

PH-EZH. Embraer 190-100STD. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

PH-BQB. Boeing 777-206(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I might have been lucky with some of these, but it might give you an idea of the possiblities.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
              Hello Charlie,

As Alex mentioned, composition is always subjective, one screener could like it, the other could call it off for cut-off. I've also experienced that on several occasions, but in my idea, there are a few unwritten rules
              -Never cut through the landing gear
              -Never cut through windows
              -Never cut through engines.

I will give you five photos from me with cut off parts to give you an idea, about what's possible..

D-ACNE. Bombardier CRJ-900LR. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Entering taxiway Victor. PH-BVO. Boeing 777-306ER. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Face to face with this Qatar A350-1000 on finals for runway 18R.. A7-ANL. Airbus A350-1041. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

PH-EZH. Embraer 190-100STD. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

PH-BQB. Boeing 777-206(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I might have been lucky with some of these, but it might give you an idea of the possiblities.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.
              Hi Wilko

Thanks for your sharing, I think these could be good examples.

Regards
              Kind regards from Sydney
              Charlie Chang

Comment

Good examples Wilko !

Comment

Good examples Wilko !
                  Thanks a lot Alex.

Comment

I saw a photo in the database, is this was accepted by mistake or this type of photo is okay with JP?
                    Because the tail fins are obscured.
                    Link of the photo:https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10771387
                    Kind regards from Sydney
                    Charlie Chang

Comment

The main body is in the center of the frame here and so the tail cut-off is acceptable (but it's borderline)

Alex

Comment

The main body is in the center of the frame here and so the tail cut-off is acceptable (but it's borderline)

Alex
                        Thank you!
                        Kind regards from Sydney
                        Charlie Chang

Comment

Working...
                        X