Photo queuing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo queuing advice

Hi JetPhotos crew, the screening process has improved a lot these days and I believe many people have noticed the amount of effort the crew has made. Here, I still have a advice for the queuing of uploaded photos.
    When we upload photos, it's probably in a queue with about 20,000 photos ahead waiting for screening. However, if I want to delete a photo in queue and upload a different one, I have to go all the way back to the end of the queue and start again. For example I deleted a photo with 5,000 photos ahead and uploaded a new one, the new photo will still have about 20,000 ahead.
    Can JetPhotos add a function so you can "replace" the deleted photo so you don't have to start over? I know it might sound rediculous, but I believe it will help.

Regards
    CARBONOX CN

To be honest, I was thinking about this either, but honestly, this does not seem as a good idea at all as it is very easy to abuse.
    For-example, this would enable you to spam the queue with 20 "placeholder" images and once you have some good shots, you could replace them and effectively place them into more comfortable position.
    Which could actually cause the queue to skyrocket into unimaginable numbers if anyone had 20 shots enqueued permanently.
    Thus you should primarily aim to enqueue only the shots, that you really firmly believe that they are good enough to be passed.

Comment

Originally posted by JuklicekCZ View Post
      To be honest, I was thinking about this either, but honestly, this does not seem as a good idea at all as it is very easy to abuse.
      For-example, this would enable you to spam the queue with 20 "placeholder" images and once you have some good shots, you could replace them and effectively place them into more comfortable position.
      Which could actually cause the queue to skyrocket into unimaginable numbers if anyone had 20 shots enqueued permanently.
      Thus you should primarily aim to enqueue only the shots, that you really firmly believe that they are good enough to be passed.
      I never thought of this. But if you look in the Manage queued photos, there is a "0 has entered the screening process, meaning at least one screener has viewed them". Does that mean a screener will look through the photos and reject any photos that are not suitable for screening? When I first joined JetPhotos(Jan 2022), I uploaded some really bad photos and it only took about 20 minutes for me to receive the e-mail rejection, and I think it happened when the screener was viewing through the photos. I understand you and this will surely increace the screeners work load and total screening time.

Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Off course, that they can reject the shots even though just when the screenerer view the queue.
        But still, they only do it when something enters the process so they can search for doubles, etc.
        But still I think the abuse potential is there, you could still forexample remove the placeholder just before anything enters the screening and escape any punishment for doubles.

Comment

Originally posted by CARBONOX CN View Post
          Hi JetPhotos crew, the screening process has improved a lot these days and I believe many people have noticed the amount of effort the crew has made. Here, I still have a advice for the queuing of uploaded photos.
          When we upload photos, it's probably in a queue with about 20,000 photos ahead waiting for screening. However, if I want to delete a photo in queue and upload a different one, I have to go all the way back to the end of the queue and start again. For example I deleted a photo with 5,000 photos ahead and uploaded a new one, the new photo will still have about 20,000 ahead.
          Can JetPhotos add a function so you can "replace" the deleted photo so you don't have to start over? I know it might sound rediculous, but I believe it will help.
          Such a system could be abused by people looking for better placement on FR24. Not going to happen, so make sure you upload the image you want initially, or be prepared to have it at the back of the queue.

Comment

Originally posted by CARBONOX CN View Post

I never thought of this. But if you look in the Manage queued photos, there is a "0 has entered the screening process, meaning at least one screener has viewed them". Does that mean a screener will look through the photos and reject any photos that are not suitable for screening? When I first joined JetPhotos(Jan 2022), I uploaded some really bad photos and it only took about 20 minutes for me to receive the e-mail rejection, and I think it happened when the screener was viewing through the photos. I understand you and this will surely increace the screeners work load and total screening time.

Thanks for your reply!
            On the screening page, we have a function to check the remaining photos in queue from the uploader you are screening a picture of.
            If the queue is really bad with no chance of acceptance the whole queue gets rejected for quality by one click. What probably happened to you is that you uploaded a hot photo, got screened really fast, and the screener noticed the rest of your pics in queue weren't acceptable.

Except that case we would usually never check a queue of a given uploader even if it's technically possible from the screener's panel.

hope it clears up things a bit

And yeah, the initial idea isn't a good one due to the reasons explained by the others, but thank you for the suggestion !

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post

On the screening page, we have a function to check the remaining photos in queue from the uploader you are screening a picture of.
              If the queue is really bad with no chance of acceptance the whole queue gets rejected for quality by one click. What probably happened to you is that you uploaded a hot photo, got screened really fast, and the screener noticed the rest of your pics in queue weren't acceptable.

Except that case we would usually never check a queue of a given uploader even if it's technically possible from the screener's panel.

hope it clears up things a bit

And yeah, the initial idea isn't a good one due to the reasons explained by the others, but thank you for the suggestion !

Alex
              Woah, you have the power to just mass reject someones entire queue? So much power!

I assume that only ever happens with new up-loaders who still have a queue limit of 5 photos, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

I assume that only ever happens with new up-loaders who still have a queue limit of 5 photos, though.
                No, I think it applies to everyone. It happened to me some time ago. I changed the photoshop camera RAW version and forgot to set the saves to sRGB. Queue rejected en bloc and luckily I asked, otherwise who knows when I would have realized it

Comment

Yes it applies for everyone but it's really not a tool we use that often.

Comment

Originally posted by mahagonny View Post
                    No, I think it applies to everyone. It happened to me some time ago. I changed the photoshop camera RAW version and forgot to set the saves to sRGB. Queue rejected en bloc and luckily I asked, otherwise who knows when I would have realized it
                    Oh I'm sure it applies to everyone, but rather it is rarely used and more likely to be used on people still getting the hang of things.

Comment

Working...
                    X