Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to choose a 24-70 lens?

Hi there,

Recently I have been considering to get a 24-70mm or so. As I don't have much money, I couldn't get one NIKKOR (which costs nearly 14 thousand CNY). Now I have no idea about which one is better, TAMRON or SIGMA. So could you give me some shopping advice? Any reply would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Unless you are intending to submit cabin or airport views, I think you ar asking on the wrong forum. I think you might notice that most of the photographs here are shot with medium to long telephoto lenses.
    --
    David dubya Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Aldgyte View Post
      Unless you are intending to submit cabin or airport views, I think you ar asking on the wrong forum. I think you might notice that most of the photographs here are shot with medium to long telephoto lenses.
      Well indeed I'm planning for nearby photographs, like on the ramp when I'm taking a flight, or for an airport overview. I know that this would not be so popular in this field, so just having a try. lol
      Anyway thank you very much for your attention and reply. I will try other photography forums.

Comment

Most of us if not all of us do have such lens. I use a Cannon 17-40 so I can’t help much but such a lens is definitely needed if you have a chance to come near the aircrafts.

Regrds
        Alex

Comment

It won't be much helpfull, but I'd say that as long as those lenses are around same price tag it doesn't really matter if you'd chose Tamron or Sigma, the difference between them won't be significant, and honestly I don't think that there'll be a difference at all.

As for the focal lenght, I strongly recommend something like 24-70 or even 24-105, not only for cabin photos. On my recent trip to LHR I took most of my photos with 24-105, because bigger aircraft didn't fit in 100-400mm focal range

Comment

Originally posted by pawelm View Post
            It won't be much helpfull, but I'd say that as long as those lenses are around same price tag it doesn't really matter if you'd chose Tamron or Sigma, the difference between them won't be significant, and honestly I don't think that there'll be a difference at all.

As for the focal lenght, I strongly recommend something like 24-70 or even 24-105, not only for cabin photos. On my recent trip to LHR I took most of my photos with 24-105, because bigger aircraft didn't fit in 100-400mm focal range
            Indeed! I've got a 70-200 already, and I often need F2.8, so I'm not considering 24-105 right now.
            As for the brand, I heard that SIGMA produces sharper photos than TAMRON, not knowing if it's true. Do you have any ideas?
            Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
              Most of us if not all of us do have such lens. I use a Cannon 17-40 so I can’t help much but such a lens is definitely needed if you have a chance to come near the aircrafts.

Regrds
              Alex
              It's really kind of you to reply! Thank you very much.

Comment

I have a Tamron 28-75 F/2.8 that I love especially for low light close up work.

Comment

Working...
                X