New "Spotting Parks" at HOU & IAH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "Spotting Parks" at HOU & IAH!

HOU/IAH: A pair of aircraft observation parks have opened at Houston’s two major airports, allowing “plane spotters” a chance to enjoy their hobby in a safe manner.

The Observation Park on Lee Road just east of Runway 9/27 at Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) is easily accessible from Highway 59 and Highway 1960. This observation area was often used by plane-spotting hobbyists prior to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, after which it was closed for security purposes. The park is open daily from daylight until dark.

Plane spotters at Hobby (HOU) also have a safe place to park while observing landings and take-offs from two runways. The parking lot at the airport’s old FAA building is a public parking area that provides easy viewing access. The area, which is located at the end of Paul B. Koonce Dr. and is accessible from Braniff Street by way of Telephone Road or Monroe Street, is patrolled by security personnel and is always open.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Any examples of shots taken from this location? Always looking to add to my list of places-to-go-someday.
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by pullin4u
      Any examples of shots taken from this location? Always looking to add to my list of places-to-go-someday.
      No I haven't been to either spot personally - yet.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
      X