Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot photo screening being inconsistent??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot photo screening being inconsistent??

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

recenlty I've uploaded this pic as a hotphoto cuz it has newly added "Aekyung Group" title on the back of the fuselage.But it got rejected for invalid hot.
    what is odd is I've uploaded 3 other aircrafts for the same thing and got accepted.

HL8317. Boeing 737-8LC. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8087. Boeing 737-8AS. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8090. Boeing 737-8AS. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Not only my pics but other spotters pics were accepted for the same reason.
    1st aircraft additional parent company name "AekYung Group" at fuselage , one of only 2 scimitar-equipped B738s in the 7C fleet.. HL8321. Boeing 737-8K5. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8316. Boeing 737-8LC. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8333. Boeing 737-8JP. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8332. Boeing 737-8JP. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8064. Boeing 737-8AS. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8336. Boeing 737-8JP. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8089. Boeing 737-8AS. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

there are more pics than this

So I've sended a appeal but the reply was unbelieveable.

He says "picking up an other picture with the classic argument "if this was accepted my picture should be accepted too" just won't get you anywhere. Out of millions of photos accepted on JP, there are a few that were certainly accepted by mistake, that doesn\'t mean we should do that mistake again.

Some pics get accepted and some getting rejected does not make sense. If screeners if going to consider the change is too small why accept other pics that was uploaded for the same reason? Why make a guideline if screeners are going to act differently

Plus "there are a few that were certainly accepted by mistake, that doesn\'t mean we should do that mistake again" doesn't make sense, screeners accepeted more than 10pics for the same reason and now they are saying it might have been accepted by mistake. what a joke.
    Attached Files

I think the explanation is self explanatory. Why you want those in as hot are beyond me.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

You should stop laughing at those who voluntarily screen your pictures mate. Get a life…

Comment

Originally posted by Seungun
        Ye lol whatever. It is true that screeners are being inconsistent lol. I am not talking about only you, I am talking about all the screeners who had screened pics for the same reason.
        Yea, it is true, that screeneres are not 100% consistent because guess what, they are surprisingly humans Plenty of rules are at least to some level relative, and as such, various screeneres may have also somewhat varying borders to what is acceptable and what is not. If you are not satisfied with screenings, there are plenty of sites without them.
        But to be honest, with respect to the three shots above, the text, that you have been claiming as hot is a bit small for the plane, and also it is not even well readable, so from my personal point of view uploading it as hot might be quite risky.

Comment

Originally posted by Seungun View Post
          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10674196

recenlty I've uploaded this pic as a hotphoto cuz it has newly added "Aekyung Group" title on the back of the fuselage.But it got rejected for invalid hot.
          what is odd is I've uploaded 3 other aircrafts for the same thing and got accepted.

HL8317. Boeing 737-8LC. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8087. Boeing 737-8AS. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8090. Boeing 737-8AS. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Not only my pics but other spotters pics were accepted for the same reason.
          1st aircraft additional parent company name "AekYung Group" at fuselage , one of only 2 scimitar-equipped B738s in the 7C fleet.. HL8321. Boeing 737-8K5. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8316. Boeing 737-8LC. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8333. Boeing 737-8JP. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8332. Boeing 737-8JP. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8064. Boeing 737-8AS. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8336. Boeing 737-8JP. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

HL8089. Boeing 737-8AS. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

there are more pics than this

So I've sended a appeal but the reply was unbelieveable.

He says "picking up an other picture with the classic argument "if this was accepted my picture should be accepted too" just won't get you anywhere. Out of millions of photos accepted on JP, there are a few that were certainly accepted by mistake, that doesn\'t mean we should do that mistake again.

Some pics get accepted and some getting rejected does not make sense. If screeners if going to consider the change is too small why accept other pics that was uploaded for the same reason? Why make a guideline if screeners are going to act differently

Plus "there are a few that were certainly accepted by mistake, that doesn\'t mean we should do that mistake again" doesn't make sense, screeners accepeted more than 10pics for the same reason and now they are saying it might have been accepted by mistake. what a joke.
          Man this is ridiculous, I can’t even read such a tiny and insignificant sticker in a full res photo, imagine being able to read it in a low-res photo

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have already opened a similar discussion about Jeju Air and drew conclusions for myself. Now I would like to express my humble opinion and look at the situation from the other side:

During rejections and discussions on the forum, the situation is usually showed from the point of view that priority for changes in livery is beneficial only for the spotter. Yet, as far as I understand the idea, the priority also benefits the community, because it motivates spotters and ensures that there'll be an up-to-date photo of aircraft in the DB. If this priority is removed, then there is a probability that photos with new stickers (or with removed stickers) will never be uploaded at all.

Let me give an example. For today I have about 100 photos on my PC ready to upload, but other than that I have almost two dozen photos of Jeju Air (with new sticker), Asiana Airlines (with removed stickers) and local helicopters with minor livery changes that are technically "hot". For me, as for person who spots in Korea, Jeju Air and Asiana are commonplace, I see dozens of them every day and many of them are already uploaded to my personal DB. Therefore, I am more interested in uploading other airlines, business jets and so on. And after each new spotting, uploading Jeju, Asiana and helicopters is delayed further. Many of these aircraft only fly domestically, so JP's base may never get a photo of the updated livery, even after aircraft retire.

I don’t know if I was able to convey my idea accurately, but I will move on to my conclusion. In my opinion, it seems worthwhile to decide whether it is beneficial for the community to have up-to-date photos even with changes that may sometimes be considered insignificant. Once such a decision is made, it would be great to have it reflected in the guidelines, on the upload page or on the forum, so that spotters can prioritize their downloads without risking lowering their number of slots and acceptance ratio.

Just an opinion and thank you for your attention

Comment

Originally posted by rayinad View Post
              Hi everyone,

I have already opened a similar discussion about Jeju Air and drew conclusions for myself. Now I would like to express my humble opinion and look at the situation from the other side:

During rejections and discussions on the forum, the situation is usually showed from the point of view that priority for changes in livery is beneficial only for the spotter. Yet, as far as I understand the idea, the priority also benefits the community, because it motivates spotters and ensures that there'll be an up-to-date photo of aircraft in the DB. If this priority is removed, then there is a probability that photos with new stickers (or with removed stickers) will never be uploaded at all.

Let me give an example. For today I have about 100 photos on my PC ready to upload, but other than that I have almost two dozen photos of Jeju Air (with new sticker), Asiana Airlines (with removed stickers) and local helicopters with minor livery changes that are technically "hot". For me, as for person who spots in Korea, Jeju Air and Asiana are commonplace, I see dozens of them every day and many of them are already uploaded to my personal DB. Therefore, I am more interested in uploading other airlines, business jets and so on. And after each new spotting, uploading Jeju, Asiana and helicopters is delayed further. Many of these aircraft only fly domestically, so JP's base may never get a photo of the updated livery, even after aircraft retire.

I don’t know if I was able to convey my idea accurately, but I will move on to my conclusion. In my opinion, it seems worthwhile to decide whether it is beneficial for the community to have up-to-date photos even with changes that may sometimes be considered insignificant. Once such a decision is made, it would be great to have it reflected in the guidelines, on the upload page or on the forum, so that spotters can prioritize their downloads without risking lowering their number of slots and acceptance ratio.

Just an opinion and thank you for your attention
              I agree and great idea. I know, the changes is too small. Also I understand screeners' opinions because it is quite minor to 'jump' the queue. But as Rayinad mentioned, it would be appreciated if there is a clear guideline for such 'minor' changes.

For example, small titles not exceeding 5 cabin windows, it will considered as minor. As users have clear standard for hot photos, not wasting their slots and ratio. It is great for other users and screeners, because they don't have to screen such minor changes and there will be less time wasting by screening minor changes in hot. It won't be easy to make such clear standard because some small stickers could be significant enough to be hot. But still, making minimum standard will help all people using JP.

This is also my personal idea, I just hope my idea could be some help
              And thanks for taking your time to read, also taking your time to screen photos.

Comment

Originally posted by I am sseca View Post

I agree and great idea. I know, the changes is too small. Also I understand screeners' opinions because it is quite minor to 'jump' the queue. But as Rayinad mentioned, it would be appreciated if there is a clear guideline for such 'minor' changes.

For example, small titles not exceeding 5 cabin windows, it will considered as minor. As users have clear standard for hot photos, not wasting their slots and ratio. It is great for other users and screeners, because they don't have to screen such minor changes and there will be less time wasting by screening minor changes in hot. It won't be easy to make such clear standard because some small stickers could be significant enough to be hot. But still, making minimum standard will help all people using JP.

This is also my personal idea, I just hope my idea could be some help
                And thanks for taking your time to read, also taking your time to screen photos.
                I have mentioned before that it is better to standardize this question, and the admin has responded before:
                //Technically yes it's a change of scheme and is hot but...
                Honestly, please remember that any hot upload only makes the screening slower for the rest of the community. Such a tiny sticker to jump the queue....
                I don't think it's really cool for the rest of the users and the crew...

Regards
                Alex//

That is to say, there are sufficient reasons to overturn the rejection reason
                Attached Files

Comment

I have noted that we need to sharpen the Hot Photo rules to rule out accepting such pics as hot. It is sad that a few users feeling very entitled always make it more complicated for all users.

Comment

The topic of hot photos comes up again and again. Everyone has their own idea, everyone has their own solution, everyone would like their own hot, warm, chilly, frozen photo, to override all the others in the queue because waiting 15 or 20 days for screening is an unbearable wait.
                    But, there is a but! Nobody forces you to upload your photos to jetphotos. If you do, you also have to accept that something isn't to your taste or isn't your own opinion. Here we put our photos on display to share them with other enthusiasts or anyone who wants to see a photo of an airplane, we don't do competitions otherwise it's not a passion but a competition (for competitions there are photo competitions - maybe you have to participate there).
                    Take your photos, improve your techniques, use this forum to grow from the point of view of aeronautical culture if yours is a passion. Otherwise it would be fair to ask yourself whether it is appropriate to give up planespotting and dedicate yourself to brid spotting.
                    Excuse my bad english.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                      I have noted that we need to sharpen the Hot Photo rules to rule out accepting such pics as hot. It is sad that a few users feeling very entitled always make it more complicated for all users.
                      Yes.. It's good to upload freely within a certain large guideline, but I thought that this was wasting a lot of people's time and screeners' time. I'm just a normal user, nothing more. Maybe it would be wiser to keep the hot guidelines like now. I'm happy if you refer to it, but I understand this problem isn't simple to solve. I agree that making such guides can make more complicated..

Comment

Hot photos are one of the main cause for a large queue. That's the point to keep in mind.
                        If you try to push a photo for a barely visible addition or removal of a sticker, then fine with it. But the abuse of the system hurts the whole community, an it's a bit unfortunate.

On our side, JP, we need and will make efforts to improve communication to avoid such inconsistencies like the one shown here.

Thank you for all the inputs
                        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                          Hot photos are one of the main cause for a large queue. That's the point to keep in mind.
                          If you try to push a photo for a barely visible addition or removal of a sticker, then fine with it. But the abuse of the system hurts the whole community, an it's a bit unfortunate.

On our side, JP, we need and will make efforts to improve communication to avoid such inconsistencies like the one shown here.

Thank you for all the inputs
                          Alex
                          As you mentioned before, the relevant photos technically comply with the hotphoto standard. In other words, the relevant photos should not be rejected as invalid hotphotos.

But as far as Korean spotters are concerned, uploading relevant photos as hotphotos is not an abuse of the system. In fact, there are new stickers appearing on the fuselage.

So now the problem is that Screener has not obtained relevant information and rejects the photo, which is very unfair to the spotter whose photo was rejected.

Comment

Like I said before, If you believe such sticker does deserve to jump the queue in front of 2400+ other users then fine... I still believe it is an abuse of a system created to give priority to significant changes of scheme, not to a barely visible sticker.
                            We are all in the same boat. So if a few individuals do push for more hot photos it hurts the whole community, but at the end of the day it's your choice.

And you know, many Korean spotters didn't upload those as hot.....

Alex
                            Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2022-12-06, 07:26.

Comment

And what benefit is there really in jumping the queue? It seems to me that there's an interest for users to have an updated database, but for the basic spotter, what's the point of wanting to go before the others? Afraid of dying in the meantime?

Comment

Working...
                              X