Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invalid hot rejection

Hi to all who are interessted in this

Last Sunday I got this one rejejted due to "invalid hot": https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10674376
    The point is that I did not mark this upload as "hot". I stated the registration "59CDK" without recognizing that there is already another photo of this plane in the database where the registration is stated as "59-CDK". https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/5764124 So the JP uploading system marked it as hot.

As far as I understood, the "invalid hot" rejection is to avoid that photographers push their photos to the top of the queue on purpose to get them screened earlier than other photographers.
    It is obviously that I did not have done that. My photo was marked as "hot" by JP uploading programm and was rejected due to that issue by JP screeners. A bit strange, isn't it? I think in this cases the screeners should put the photo back to the queue, or if that is not possible they should let it slide ok for the database. That woud be more polite to the photographers and is also less work for themselfs.

By the way, in my view the frensh ultralight aircraft should always be listed without the dash, because that is the way the registration appears on the airplanes.
    And the fact that my photo was only rejected due to "invalid hot" and not due to "bad info" shows to me that this is seen in the same way from JP database point of view.

Greetings Felix

The shot is hot automatically if there is no other shot of the registration.
    If the hotness is forced by the fact, that you have filled the registration incorrectly, it is either invalid hot as the AC is already there, or bad info as the registration is incorrect.
    Anyway, I suppose, that the rejection is correct, it may happen to anyone from time to time, and it even happened to me as well.
    According to Wikipedia, there indeed seems to be the dash symbol behind the 59 for French ultralights however as I'm not french I cannot tell for sure what the correct ULL registration should look like. For example in our country, the correct registration according to the national database is OK-XXX 00, however, some aircraft do bear a dash and space, some have a dash and no space and some even have two dashes. So this is indeed something that might be a bit inconvenient but maybe when you find out that there are no results of the particular registration, it won't hurt you to try some other combination.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sutu5 View Post
      Hi to all who are interessted in this

Last Sunday I got this one rejejted due to "invalid hot": https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10674376
      The point is that I did not mark this upload as "hot". I stated the registration "59CDK" without recognizing that there is already another photo of this plane in the database where the registration is stated as "59-CDK". https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/5764124 So the JP uploading system marked it as hot.

As far as I understood, the "invalid hot" rejection is to avoid that photographers push their photos to the top of the queue on purpose to get them screened earlier than other photographers.
      It is obviously that I did not have done that. My photo was marked as "hot" by JP uploading programm and was rejected due to that issue by JP screeners. A bit strange, isn't it? I think in this cases the screeners should put the photo back to the queue, or if that is not possible they should let it slide ok for the database. That woud be more polite to the photographers and is also less work for themselfs.

By the way, in my view the frensh ultralight aircraft should always be listed without the dash, because that is the way the registration appears on the airplanes.
      And the fact that my photo was only rejected due to "invalid hot" and not due to "bad info" shows to me that this is seen in the same way from JP database point of view.

Greetings Felix
      Registrations are determined by the relevant aeronautical register (in this case the French one). So they're all hyphenated there.
      This should now be your main concern

Comment

Working...
      X