Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOS R7 Sigma 150-600

Hello,
    I'm currently looking to buy an R7 and Sigma 150-600 C.
    However, I've heard, that the combo may suffer from AF pulsing due to the lenses, not having full compatibility.
    Thus I wanted to ask, does anyone have an experience with this combo for aircraft or another R camera with this or a similar lens?
    Do you think, this combo is worth it, or shall I rather change something in the combo, like going rather for the EOS R, or Tamron G2?
    Anyway, would be really grateful if anyone can share their experience.
    I would also like to know if anyone could share some shots at the max focal length and maybe share the experience with vignetting.
    Thanks a lot.

Hi -I am also looking to buy the mirrorless Canon R7 - and thinking of getting a Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 - although apparently you need some sort of adaptor with it.

I have the Tamron SP 150-600mm and find it a bit tricky to use.. its heavy, you need a lot of light to use fast shutter speeds and it is not easy to focus. Also I find I rarely use the full focal length normally 300-400 is more than enough. Also you get vignetting at maximum focal length.

Would be interested to see comments on the Canon R7.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingphilnewson View Post
      Hi -I am also looking to buy the mirrorless Canon R7 - and thinking of getting a Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 - although apparently you need some sort of adaptor with it.

I have the Tamron SP 150-600mm and find it a bit tricky to use.. its heavy, you need a lot of light to use fast shutter speeds and it is not easy to focus. Also I find I rarely use the full focal length normally 300-400 is more than enough. Also you get vignetting at maximum focal length.

Correct, you need the EF to RF adapter for that.
      [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by flyingphilnewson View Post

There is an adapter needed indeed, but EF mount adapter does usually come packed in the R camera kit.
        I also agree that you do not need 500-600 all the time, I do have my 70-300 for primary use, but the 600 I meant mostly for airshows as there the reach is important.

Comment

Working...
        X