150-600mm vignetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150-600mm vignetting

Click image for larger version  Name:	1675043313342.jpg Views:	190 Size:	614.6 KB ID:	1153845Click image for larger version  Name:	1675043312216.png Views:	181 Size:	207.7 KB ID:	1153846Click image for larger version  Name:	1675043309858.png Views:	179 Size:	124.8 KB ID:	1153847Click image for larger version  Name:	1675043308910.png Views:	180 Size:	129.8 KB ID:	1153848
    Hello. I'm using 150-600mm lens recently. The body is Nikon D750 and uses a full frame body. Compared to the aps-c crop body, vignetting stands out, so I have a lot of worries. I think this is not only not able to solve the problem using Photoshop but also will reject by vignetting. Problems often occur during the day when the sun is up, and problems often occur in ground shots even in broad daylight. Is it the same for photographers who use lenses over 500mm in full frame? Oh, and the 200500mm Nikon lens didn't have a big problem.

+photoshop - camera raw - lens profile, I used this, but it doesn't seem to have much effect.
    also When taking pictures, it does not seem to be very effective even if you take pictures with the aperture at f8 or higher.

Hello
    It's a known problem with all zoom lenses, especially the very extreme ones (as in this case) and mainly depends on the aperture and, in some cases, also on the shooting angle with respect to the subject.
    I advise you to use rather small apertures (from f8 and up).
    I also read on the forum that Nikon has a particular function to reduce this type of problem, but as I don't own a Nikon I can't help you.

Comment

I have vignetting with my Canon 6D2 and 100-400mk2 lens, so it's a universal problem. I shoot in RAW and then use Adobe Camera Raw to interface with Photoshop. ACR has lens correction features which includes vignetting, and does a pretty decent job but it's not always perfect, especially when shooting at 400mm.

Comment

Hi here,

I would pretty much appreciate what Enzo and James have mentioned above especially since my old gear was the same as that of James and lens correction itself is very powerful. I used to have a Canon EOS 90D + Sigma 150-600 combo and I would personally say that vignetting could relatively be less of a problem on ASP-C cameras although you can't fully get rid of it. For most of the time as long as you could find the camera and lens profile in Camera RAW (which also depends on your workflow), it shouldn't be a huge problem to fix.

Comment

I am on a Canon 5D4 + Sigma 150-600C combo, at the 600mm end especially shooting with blue sky in the background it can get pretty bad. Small aperture definietly help, but still noticable even at f10 or f11 depends on the background.

Adobe camera raw can fix it to some extend but can 'overdone' it and sometimes can be quite a headache, worth trying different "percentage" with the vignetting slider and see what works out better.
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/52526

Comment

Thanks for opening these topic, I do have similar problem:

Use the canon R5 and the brand new 100-500 from canon. I also get vignetting, probably higher f stop (f8 as mentioned) helps a bit. Most occures with perfect blue sky and perfect sun. Have the feeling the more zoom the mor the vignetting.

Are there similar notofication by somone here for the same lens?

Comment

Originally posted by john1024 View Post
              Thanks for opening these topic, I do have similar problem:

Use the canon R5 and the brand new 100-500 from canon. I also get vignetting, probably higher f stop (f8 as mentioned) helps a bit. Most occures with perfect blue sky and perfect sun. Have the feeling the more zoom the mor the vignetting.

Are there similar notofication by somone here for the same lens?
              It seems that zooms are not designed for us spotters

Comment

I use the Nikkor Phase Fresnet 500mm prime on both full-frame and crop Nikon bodies. If I'm shooting in bright sunlight with no cloud background (effectively into outer-space) I get weird bright and dark vignetting which I believe comes from the "lighthouse like" structure of the phase fresnet lens.
                --
                David dubya Wilson

Comment

I have the same issue with going from the Canon 7D2 to the Canon R5 using my EF70-200 lens. I have had a lot of vignetting rejections of late from my trip to LHR. While you can fix a certain amount with the RAW image, there is only so much you can do. I have taken the option of zooming out a little and cropping more.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
                    I have vignetting with my Canon 6D2 and 100-400mk2 lens, so it's a universal problem. I shoot in RAW and then use Adobe Camera Raw to interface with Photoshop. ACR has lens correction features which includes vignetting, and does a pretty decent job but it's not always perfect, especially when shooting at 400mm.
                    Will this kind of photo be rejected as vignetting?
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	1675769492804.png Views:	0 Size:	149.8 KB ID:	1154324
                    use tamron 150600 with 1.5 dx crop in body mode.
                    /
                    under pic used 1:1 with nikon 200500
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	1675769491786.png Views:	0 Size:	128.4 KB ID:	1154323
                    maybe below is will accpted and above pic will rejected?

Click image for larger version  Name:	1675769782627.jpg Views:	0 Size:	336.5 KB ID:	1154326
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	1675769759669.jpg Views:	0 Size:	423.9 KB ID:	1154328
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Jihun - Korea View Post

Will this kind of photo be rejected as vignetting?
                      Click image for larger version Name:	1675769492804.png Views:	0 Size:	149.8 KB ID:	1154324
                      use tamron 150600 with 1.5 dx crop in body mode.
                      /
                      under pic used 1:1 with nikon 200500
                      Click image for larger version Name:	1675769491786.png Views:	0 Size:	128.4 KB ID:	1154323
                      maybe below is will accpted and above pic will rejected?

Click image for larger version Name:	1675769782627.jpg Views:	0 Size:	336.5 KB ID:	1154326
                      Click image for larger version Name:	1675769759669.jpg Views:	0 Size:	423.9 KB ID:	1154328
                      They are all clearly vignetted

Comment

Originally posted by mahagonny View Post

They are all clearly vignetted
                        I'd rather give up most of the aerial shots. I think there's something wrong with the equipment, seeing that the air and the ground are sometimes like that. It can't be solved.

Comment

you could try to use a smaller aperture (up to f11) if you have exposure problems use higher ISO.

Comment

Originally posted by mahagonny View Post
                            you could try to use a smaller aperture (up to f11) if you have exposure problems use higher ISO.
                            thank you. I try it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Brenden S;n1154064..... I have taken the option of zooming out a little and cropping more.[/QUOTE]

Same for me , specially during airshows. I find this solution to be the best option with a 5DIV with 100-400 II combo

Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X