Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any opinions on this camera?

Hey,

I've been looking at a Kodak EasyShare DX4530 just wondering if any one is farmiler with it.

Looking for Kodak equipment? To make everything as easy as possible, below are all of our Kodak buyer guides. Feel free to browse through a few and check back for new articles we publish.
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

My brother had the predecessor for that camera and he was quite happy with it. The only thing I think that camera is lacking is zoom. Obviously since most of your pictures are from inside the airplane, or really close to it, you might not need it. But for those of us that go spotting at major airports and can't get close to the action a lot of zoom is a must.

Comment

Yeah, I don't really need the zoom. I don't really care much for the regular shots (even though I have a lot of them) I like cockpit shots, formation flying shots, and the aerobatics shots more. So I need quality not zoom. There would be no point in me paying $300 for a 3.2MP camera with 10X optical sence I'd never use it and there would be no change in MP's from what I have now.

Comment

Well with my not very long experiences with cameras, why Kodak? Kodak is not the brand you want if your looking for quality. Try Nikon,Olympus or Canon.

Comment

How about this one? I always thought 5MP was 5MP, didn't know the quality was different with different companies.

Comment

Thats probably a better camera already, you see kodak is only experienced with film and disposable cameras!!

Comment

Hey its me again, I just had a good look at the camera details and that is a very good camera, it has 5 megapixles!

Comment

I just liked the price. I paid $217 for my CX6330 and it's only 3.1Mp's and this 5MP C-5000 is only $230.

Hey its me again, I just had a good look at the camera details and that is a very good camera, it has 5 megapixles!
                I know

Comment

The Kodak DX4530 is very good value. Here are some different pics I took with it. I used to bunch of different shots to show its many capabilities.

Let's begin with one of my favorites:
                  [photoid=221407]

During bad weather...
                  [photoid=221789]

At night:
                  [photoid=221748]

In the terminal:
                  [photoid=221923]

Out the window:
                  [photoid=221051]

The standard side-on taxiing shot (at -35 Celicius!!)...
                  [photoid=229646]

And approach shots, which some have claimed to be impossible with this camera:
                  [photoid=245229]
                  Will F.
                  Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

About the Olympus C-5000...
                    Only 3x optical zoom.

That being said, olympus makes great p&s cameras and if you get that i think you would be pleased with the quality, just don't try doing any type of aircraft spotting like most people do it, if you stay close to the aircraft on the ramp you should be ok. If you want to do spotting from areas other than the ramp go for one of the olympuses with a longer zoom.

Also how much do you want to cap the price you'll be willing to spend at?

Comment

Thats probably a better camera already, you see kodak is only experienced with film and disposable cameras!!
                      Is this a disposable???

Up untill the new 1Ds mkII this was (and in many ways still IS) the standard among proffesionals for a DSLR that could match the quality of slide film...

-Clovis

Comment

I don't think he's looking to spend $5000

Comment

I don't think he's looking to spend $5000
                          That wasn't the point...

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by 777Captain
                            Too bad Kodak does not know how or when to keep a good thing around. Kodachome 25.........gone, Kodachome 64.......going out the door. There are some very dumb idiots at Kodak. No wonder more and more slide guys are switching to Fuji.

Comment

Re: Any opinions on this camera?

Originally posted by CorporateAv8r
                              Hey,

I've been looking at a Kodak EasyShare DX4530 just wondering if any one is farmiler with it.

http://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/koda...0-reviews.html
                              So...are you going to buy it?
                              Will F.
                              Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X