Buying D30...good price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying D30...good price?

Is $700 a good price for a used D30 which was used as a backup by the previous owner with about 3,000 shots taken. There is no blemishes on the camera and it includes everything that came with the box. Thanks for the help.
    Click Here for my aviation photographs.
    No Frontiers

Well, you can get a Digital Rebel for around $850 brand new online.

Comment

300D for $850? Where? Doesn't really matter to me anyways as i have one but i'm just wondering.

If you find it for that get the 300D.... 6.3mp is great as you can crop quite a bit if you need. Yes it's plastic.... but it's not that hard to take care of your camera. I have one and i love it, plus i souped it up with the hack and now it's awesome.

Comment

It depends on what you want. If you think big megapixels is what you need...go for the 300D. If you dislike the idea of auto metering, a tiny 4 frame buffer and a plastic body...go for the D30 and save the extra $$ on a NICE lens. Glass REALLY counts with a DSLR.

Btw, I paid 610$ for mine second hand from a friend.

-Clovis

Comment

Even with the 4 frame buffer... you can manage to get one or 2 estras in by repressing the shutter, quickly if a pic or 2 has already been written to the card and cleared some space on th buffer.

As far as the autometering the russian guy is working on it.... if ya know what i mean .... but for me it hasn't been a problem.

Comment

It just means that in instances of high contrast (I.E. close subject brightly lit with dark background) you won't be able to chose which you want the camera to expose for...unless you go fully manual..

_Clovis

Comment

The 300D...yuck...I'd rather buy a Nikon D70 Seriously, the 300D has it going with the 6mp but that's about it. The D30 still has better features and build quality. I plan to shoot full frame anyways so megapixels shouldn't be a big factor. Thanks again.
              No Frontiers

Comment

I paid $640 for mine off eBay. It was in mint condition at the time of purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by b777
                  The 300D...yuck...I'd rather buy a Nikon D70 Seriously, the 300D has it going with the 6mp but that's about it. The D30 still has better features and build quality. I plan to shoot full frame anyways so megapixels shouldn't be a big factor. Thanks again.
                  Thats what the 300D hack is for

Well not everything is perfect yet.... but pretty damn good.

Comment

Thats what the 300D hack is for
                    Yeah, good way to kill your warranty and leave you in the gutter if anything goes wrong!

-Clovis

Comment

You can still put back the old firmware....

And anyways.... the warantee is only for a year.... if something goes wrong after your screwed anyways.

Comment

maybe because of the money kev?

Comment

Hi.
                          You can alway try get an D60 at Ebay, i got mine in mint condition for $900. Its a great camera.
                          Fernando Rocha

Comment

Well, the deal is done, I should get the D30 in a week or two

I didn't opt for the D60 because I'd rather spend the money on lenses. I am looking at -200mm or -300mm zoom lenses that offer good quality but are under $300 and some 512mb CF cards. Please give your suggestions!
                            No Frontiers

Comment

Canon 75-300mm is good glass

The D30 is a good choice for a first DSLR.

You can see how it handles in good hands by looking at Clovis's pics.
                              You can see how it handles in bad hands by looking at Scott Kiel's pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X