July LAX meetup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July LAX meetup

Well I bought my airline ticket yesterday, I will be in LA from July 21-Aug. 8 . I'll be meeting up with you guys on July 22nd, im really looking forward to meeting you guys.
    -Ralph Duenas

Knowledge & Power Overcome Superstition And Luck.

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

I am hoping to get Friday off work.. head down Thursday night, return to Las Vegas on Saturday or Sunday.
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

I am still making up my mind about coming to LAX from July 19 to July 23. I will probably fly ATA CLT-MDW-LAX.

My primary concern is the cost of staying at LAX. I I can only spend $20 a day for a place to stay Anyone here need a roommate to split the cost? Heck, I don't even need a bed...I will bring a sleeping bag with me and sleep on the floor. So if anyone who is going already has a room and don't mind a extra person staying in there, let me know!
      Click Here for my aviation photographs.
      No Frontiers

Comment

b777, im sure Kilroy could let you stay with him unless if he's already booked. I did the same, brought my own sleeping bag when I stayed with ChrisK, Clovis, and Matt Wilmott-Sharp a few months ago. If not, im sure there will be plenty of other guys interested into split paying for a hotel room. It works really well and saves a lot of cash.

Chris, why leave so early? LAX is getting boring for you now?

Kevin

Comment

Kevin, i would imagine Chris has work on monday :P

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
            Well, there may be space for one in the room that me, nicholls and gristy are staying in. As it does sleep four. So b777 its gonna work out at about $40 a night. My crew rate is $119USD/Night at the Embassy Suites. You do get full breakfast in that as well though...
            Hey kaddyuk, I wish I could take you up on that but $20-25/night is the most I can muster. I plan to be at LAX for four nights (between July 19th and the 23rd) and if I spend $40/night, I will be spending $160 (that's about how much I pay for rent every month ) Thank you for trying to help though, I appreciate it

Is there anyone else here who can help me out? If I can't work out a place to stay before the end of this month, i will have to give up on the trip
            No Frontiers

Comment

Given the current rates for hotels around LAX, I highly doubt you're going to be able to find something for $20-25, even if sharing with someone else.
              Trump is an idiot!
              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

The comfort INn thats like 1 mile from the airport is currently running like 75 dollars a night... soo, if you split it with a few people, you can do pretty well! I'm considering it!

-Adam

Comment

I stayed at the Quality Inn/Comfort Inn for a night in LAX. Not too bad for $50 a night. You can't even get a motel that cost $20-$25 a night anymore.

Kevin

Comment

Well, if any of you still need a person to split the cost let me know. I know it is unreasonable to get a hotel/motel for $25/night...that's why I wanted to split with someone. I don't mind sleeping on the ground if that means it will be cheaper
                    No Frontiers

Comment

Sorry guys, I looked at my calendar and there's just no way I can make it, with all the time I'm planning on taking off and the time I've taken off already. Maybe next time.

Originally posted by gocaps16
                      You can't even get a motel that cost $20-$25 a night anymore.

Kevin
                      Well... this may be a bit , but there are some hotels I pass on my way to the train station to get to work in the morning with $17/night signs outside. These hotels are about 4-5 miles from the city, and require some sort of car or public transportation. Also, these motels look like somebody running into the wall outside can knock down the whole building.
                      www.acairport.com

Comment

I'll probably be there, I don't need a hotel as my grandparents live in Camarillo. I just have to book tickets...

Comment

How much zoom do you need in LAX?
                          Will F.
                          Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

800mm Minimum.

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                              800mm Minimum.

-Clovis
                              Yeah I was planning on getting the 1200mm prime for LAX.

Comment

Working...
                              X