Too Blurry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Blurry?

Rejected for blur. I think it's a badass shot that should have been approved anyway, just for the rooster tail. What do y'all think? I haven't seen anything like it on here.

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Ummmmmmm...........no its blurry!!! Screener made the right call.

Comment

Registration is a bit hard to read and thats always a good thing to check.
      Sam Rudge
      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by c72
        Ummmmmmm........... i didn't say it wasn't blurry, but it's a creative shot and it's clear enough to read the tail number. If the shot below is good enough for a.net then mine should be good enough for this one.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out when a shot of a Southwest plane in the old colors became rare. I see easily over 100 of them a day alone here in Vegas.

Nice idea on the shot, poorly executed .. a shot like that should be fairly easy to get without blur.
          Trump is an idiot!
          Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
            Registration is a bit hard to read and thats always a good thing to check.
            I can guarantee the tail number accuracy because I work for WN and have access to what flights arrive at what time, etc...

Comment

Accuracy of the reg isn't the issue. When you shoot a plane with motion blur, the background should be blurry, not the plane.

Theres a fine line between blur that can be corrected by some USM, and blur that is incorrigible. Your pic passed the line unfortunatley...

[photoid=209094]

-Clovis

Comment

what i ment is you should be able to read the registration without it looking blurry

Sorry for any confusion
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

G'day PT737SWA
                  Nice try but its a little to blurry
                  Check out the white rings around the windows of the aircraft.
                  The second photo although not great is trying something totally different.
                  Shooting in the rain is not easy given the poor light and anvironment.
                  But you can get some nice photo's if it turns out.
                  [photoid=248533]
                  I'd also try to shoot the aircraft before it goes to far past your location and zoom out to show the roostertail.
                  [photoid=246670]
                  [photoid=234689]

Just an aside you really want to start comparing your own photo's to the best you have seen rather than the mediocre.That way your personal acceptance standards will become higher and your photo's better.
                  Aim high not low!
                  Take it easy
                  Darren

Comment

i rejected it, the aircraft is clearly blurred as evidenced by looking at the southwest naming on the tail.

if you know its a badass shot then why upload it?

next trips
                    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                      Badass means it's AWESOME! I guess it's an American thing. Anyway, thanks y'all for the input. I'll keep trying. More rain coming.

Comment

cld u post ur exif data for that shot, and perhaps from there, maybe some of us can provide suggestions that wld improve the shot in the future?

i wld suggest perhaps upgrading from 200ISO to 400ISO, F/7.1 or F/8, and hopefully the shutter averages around 1/200 or so. Of cos if you want to activate VR you can but doubt it will help.

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                          Originally posted by c72
                          Ummmmmmm........... i didn't say it wasn't blurry, but it's a creative shot and it's clear enough to read the tail number. If the shot below is good enough for a.net then mine should be good enough for this one.
                          Right, I doubt any of the screeners here care (including me) what gets accepted or rejected at a.net. This is not anet and just because a shot will get accepted there does not mean it will here.
                          Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
                          Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                            Badass means it's AWESOME! I guess it's an American thing. Anyway, thanks y'all for the input. I'll keep trying. More rain coming.

www.iflyswa.com <- Flying done right!
                            www.georgewbush.com <- Always vote Republican!

Comment

Originally posted by c72

that pic's about being artistic, the aircraft is blurred enough to be one. Also background is more or less focussed, so the pic looks good.

unfortunately with your picture, your aircraft is not blurred enough like that anet one to be artistic, and obviously too blurred to be accepted as a normal shot - your pic lies in-between. plus whole frame on your pic is blurred (w/ background as motion blur), whereas (as i said) anet one has a better focussed background.

im not tryin to bash your work or anythin, just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X