What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

Well I was suppose to get my digital rebel last week but it did'nt happen. A friend is hooking me up at ultimate electronics but has not had a chance to get it for me. My poor brand new Bigma 50-500 lens is sitting alone and bored in the box. I am going to Dallas in 2 weeks and was hoping to do some spotting there with the new gear. The more the days pass without my 300D the more I think I should just keep saving and get me a D60 instead. I should have enough to get one before the LAX meetup. What do you guys think?
    -Ralph Duenas

Knowledge & Power Overcome Superstition And Luck.

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

The Olympus E-1 is now the same price as a 10D--( or at lesat it is here in the UK). Check it out, its a strong rival to the Canon products. Sadly your Sigma 'howitzer' wont work with it but the Olympus 4/3 lenses are great quality. Futhermore they are 2x equivalent and so much smaller and easier to handle.

Dare to be different!!

but if you are set on Canon go for the 10D. It has a better build quality than the Rebel for not much more money and is more likely to stand up to the occasional knock.

Comment

I have the D60 and it's good enough for me. The autofocus ( in the D60) is slower and hunts a lot more in low light situations. You get more grain at higher ISO settings. The flash is higher in the 300D and doesn't make a shadow in the picture frame if you are using a big L-series lens.

Out of the two, I'd rather drop the D60 and I'd rather let the D60 get a little wet.

Otherwise it's a win-win situation. If you're in a hurry, grab the D60.
      Whichever you decide to get, be aware the CMOS will get dirty very easily. Don't change lenses if there's wind or sand nearby.

-Pepe-

Comment

I thought the D60 had been superseded by the 10D. It is certainly not listed anymore at www.canon.co.uk ???

Comment

I would definatley take a D60 over a 300D...hands down. same megapixels, 4 less AF points but more manual controls and better build.

-Clovis (has a long way to go for his EOS 1Ds mkII :P )

Comment

I have had the 10D for a few weeks now and I LOVE IT!! I am a little confused though, what are you actually looking to get? A digital Rebel, 300D, or D60?
            SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

I would get the D60

Comment

I have a D60 and I love it. Clovis pointed out the advantages compared to a 300D.
                greetings,
                Philip

Comment

Originally posted by swaphx99
                  I have had the 10D for a few weeks now and I LOVE IT!! I am a little confused though, what are you actually looking to get? A digital Rebel, 300D, or D60?
                  I plan on getting one of the 2. I already have the money for the Rebel, I just need to save abit more for the D60. Im afraid of buying a used D60, another problem that I've started to have is I think my clutch in my car is starting to go out so that isnt going to help me out.
                  -Ralph Duenas

Knowledge & Power Overcome Superstition And Luck.

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
                  X