Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please delete my account

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • please delete my account

    hi, since quite some time I have been contributing data to the FR24 site (first in West Africa, DBBB) and pictures to jetphotos (only contributor based here in W-Africa) with many pictures of new planes flying around on the continent. But while I have been putting efforts into it, it's has been returning me negatives in the last two years with so many rejections for futile things, reviewers that have become perfection fetishists, incoherent reviews results, some unnecessary blunt reactions from admins to me and to others on the forum, long waiting times in the queue, not receiving feedback mails anymore, etc. So it's time to move on and put more energy in the things that I enjoy most: nature photography and glamour beach/bikini shoots.

    So, please delete my JP account (https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/78598) and JP forum account (sanderzwart)

    by the way, all my pictures from Accra and Cotonou will remain available on Flickr:

    DGAA/ACC airport - Frequent visitors include: Ethiopian Airlines, Passion Air, Africa World Airlines - AWA, Rwandair, ghana air force, Arik, Egyptair, Brussels Airlines, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Asky, Air Peace, Kenya Airways, DHL, TAP Portugal, Egypt Air, Air Cote d'Ivoire, KLM, British Airways, Middle East Airline, South African Airways, Delta, Gianair

    Regular and non-regular visitors: Turkish Airlines, Air France, Kenya Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Senegal Airlines, Asky Airlines, Arik Air, Air Cote d'Ivoire, Mauritania airlines International, GambiaBird, ECair, Ceiba Airways International, Trains Air Congo, Southafrican Airways, Cronos Airlines, Starbow, Air Burkina, Air Mali, Camair Co, Westair Benin

  • #2
    I understand your problems, but maybe just keep the account inactive, because some of the shots are rarer. I wont stop you, but maybe think about it. Your shots benefit(ted) the community.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sanderzwart View Post
      hi, since quite some time I have been contributing data to the FR24 site (first in West Africa, DBBB) and pictures to jetphotos (only contributor based here in W-Africa) with many pictures of new planes flying around on the continent. But while I have been putting efforts into it, it's has been returning me negatives in the last two years with so many rejections for futile things, reviewers that have become perfection fetishists, incoherent reviews results, some unnecessary blunt reactions from admins to me and to others on the forum, long waiting times in the queue, not receiving feedback mails anymore, etc. So it's time to move on and put more energy in the things that I enjoy most: nature photography and glamour beach/bikini shoots.

      So, please delete my JP account (https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/78598) and JP forum account (sanderzwart)

      by the way, all my pictures from Accra and Cotonou will remain available on Flickr:

      DGAA/ACC airport - Frequent visitors include: Ethiopian Airlines, Passion Air, Africa World Airlines - AWA, Rwandair, ghana air force, Arik, Egyptair, Brussels Airlines, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Asky, Air Peace, Kenya Airways, DHL, TAP Portugal, Egypt Air, Air Cote d'Ivoire, KLM, British Airways, Middle East Airline, South African Airways, Delta, Gianair

      https://flickr.com/photos/rednasz/al...57629113028903
      Sad to see such a great W-African spotter go

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello Sander,

        I am very sorry to read this. Is there any rejection that kind of felt especially unfair. If yes, please share the link and we will review it.

        Comment


        • #5
          this website's success is built by photographers, but they don't show grateful to photographers, they accuse you and ignore you and reject you, After my photos in the queue get screened, I will stop uploading photos and quit too.
          Good luck

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Zonghou View Post
            this website's success is built by photographers, but they don't show grateful to photographers, they accuse you and ignore you and reject you, After my photos in the queue get screened, I will stop uploading photos and quit too.
            Good luck
            ... Says the guy who accuses us of discrimination because his photo was put in the senior queue for a few days...

            Respect goes both ways and respecting our photographers has always been our main goal since we took the management over in 2016. I know we are not perfect but we're doing our best, days after days, with no weekends or vacations, just to be able to offer you the best possible service and that... for free.

            Now to go back to the original poster, it makes me very sad to read this but I really would like to ask you to take a few days to confirm your decision. We do value your uploads at the way they deserve and we are extremely glad you're sharing your rare images on JP. I know I' not aloe saying that it hurts me more to reject your pics than the average ones. That's why I would like to ask you again to give it some time. We do understand the frustration and will be there to help you in the forum more if needed.

            Regards
            Alex

            Comment


            • #7
              Dear Sander, sometimes it takes a bit of acceptance and as your shots are rare from that part of the world, I really enjoyed each one of it and would be looking forward to see more of them. I have some thousand pics online here and still get baffled by some rejections while being very critical with myself after almost 30 years of spotting. So continue enjoying your photography and please keep the rare pics for us here.

              and to the rude Chinese guy : Byebye

              Comment


              • #8
                I couldn't agree more with the sentiments of others. Your shots are extremely rare for our community and I enjoy seeing things that we would not normally be accustomed to seeing. I am no expert for sure, but would be willing to offer any advice to help if it got to seeing your shots more.

                Comment


                • #9
                  What a shame. I, and many people, liked your shots. They were great, and quite rare. It would be a true shame to see the account deleted. I know it is your desition, and that you want to pursue other hobbies, but it is sad to see it deleted.
                  Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                  If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                  ——————————————————————————

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zonghou View Post
                    this website's success is built by photographers, but they don't show grateful to photographers, they accuse you and ignore you and reject you, After my photos in the queue get screened, I will stop uploading photos and quit too.
                    Good luck
                    With all respect.
                    can you please stop complaining about the screeners rejecting you images every time they are mentioned and instead edit them.
                    Thanks
                    Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                    If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                    ——————————————————————————

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hey man. I genuinely understand your troubles at JetPhotos. But i really think that temporary problems with queue, rejections should not lead to complete removal of whole job you’ve done for such a long time. I see that you are “old school” of JetPhotos(profile id is 70000 which means you were registered a long time ago) that is why you complain about queue. Nowadays we have to understand that JetPhotos is becoming more popular everyday and new members are uploading a lot more photos. The idealistic requirements of JetPhotos is acceptable to be honest, because they have to filter best photos. Your time investment to JetPhotos is very valuable and I think if you disagree with all rejections and things happening there, I think you can just leave your account and concentrate on other platforms. Hope I can change your mind, and thank you for all photos you uploaded.

                      Regards,
                      Blueris.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You guys still can't beat me in the number of rejections. I have around 21% acceptance ratio but still never complained about the screeners doing discrimination. For me, the process of learning never stops and we are here learn from the best people. Just enjoy it as a hobby.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hamza_397 View Post
                          You guys still can't beat me in the number of rejections. I have around 21% acceptance ratio but still never complained about the screeners doing discrimination. For me, the process of learning never stops and we are here learn from the best people. Just enjoy it as a hobby.
                          Yeah i had my first accept at around 4% accept rate now with 27 photos at 47%

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Dear Sander,

                            as you have not replied so far. I will delete your accounts as you wish on the 7th April. If you want to reconsider please answer before the 7th.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              some tips: improve your website and make it more dynamic, charge a small membership fee to incentivize screeners tospeed up the screening pocess. Create some necessary improvements and solve the issue with the emails. Remove all those options for genre/category. This can be done once when a new registration or plane type (e.g. conversion to cargo) is submitted/added.

                              It is frustrating when the picture is fine, but you get a rejection for wrong category, genre, etc. Just create a link for the submitter to make the changes after which it is accepted after which it is accepted rather than waiting another 16 days and have a queue slot blocked for 14 days. And lastly, maybe some people try cheat but this is a small group. The reaction from admins on the forum and by email are sometimes such that one feels like a potential cheater or that you're 'waisting their time'.

                              Anyways, i won't submit anymore and if I take pictures they'll end up on my Flickr where no will reject them for small invisible dust spots or a horizon that is not perfectly straight.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X