Possibly a "slight" change in plans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly a "slight" change in plans!

I might be getting the 300D rather than the FILM nikon N80!! This is what I might do, i'll buy the camera body only from electricsam.com for 780$. Then i'll buy a Canon 75-300 III EF Lens for 140$ from familyphotoandvideo.com

Do you think its worth it? I mean after a year of using the N80 if I got it, I would have probably spent the same amount of money for film and for processing the film as of what im paying for the 300D.

Any comments?? Do you think its worth the extra cash?

Comment

Re: Possibly a "slight" change in plans!

Originally posted by 777Captain
      I might be getting the 300D rather than the FILM nikon N80!! This is what I might do, i'll buy the camera body only from electricsam.com for 780$. Then i'll buy a Canon 75-300 III EF Lens for 140$ from familyphotoandvideo.com:
      Will you be affecting by Italian import taxes etc.?

Importing in the UK can add some 21% to USA prices..

I would recommend switching from film to digital
      www.edinburghairport.org.uk

View my Jetphotos:
      www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1753

Comment

Yep good idea. Because onece you got the N80 you would have to buy a good scanner and pay for the development and film and you couldn't just fool around and practice on the camera and see how the stuff turns out right away like you can with digital. Get the 300D!!!

Comment

fox1, I wont be affected by taxes at all because my dad is going on a buisness trip back over in New York so im gonna order it before he goes then he will pick it up at my grandmas house then bring it back to Italy. The funny thing is that my dad is getting the D70! So well compare the two, anyways im sure there about the same in quality of photos besides the plastic body of the 300D.
          I guess i'll get the 300D!!

Comment

Oh yeah, is this a good lens for my 300D?:

Comment

fox1, I wont be affected by taxes at all because my dad is going on a buisness trip back over in New York so im gonna order it before he goes then he will pick it up at my grandmas house then bring it back to Italy.
              Good thinking! And good luck with the outfit..

The Canon 75-300mm 4.5-5.6 USM III is a good starter lens but you will no doubt be thirsting for L glass in due time...

View my Jetphotos:

Comment

fox1, my dad just told me that there is going to be some import taxes for bringing it over, but the prices are better in America to buy it there. Plus there is the difference of the euro and dollar.

Comment

Oh yeah, is this a good lens for my 300D?:
                  http://www.familyphotoandvideo.com/p...asp?id=cn75300
                  Here's some reviews if you're interested. Personally, if I were in the market for a lens, I'd look at something of slightly higher quality than this one. Perhaps, if you want, and if you are patient, you could save up for some higher quality L glass that would, in my opinion, be worth the wait.

Click here for review
                  CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

fox1, my dad just told me that there is going to be some import taxes for bringing it over,
                    Of course!

View my Jetphotos:

Comment

CheckSix- Can you reccomend an L glass lens? I do not want to spend more than 150$ on a lense, my parents are paying half of the camera for my birthday and I have to pay the rest.

Comment

Well, since you are just starting out, don't spend $$$ on L glass What happens if you decide you don't like (or get bored of) photography?
                        The Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM is a perfectly good lens to start out with and it is about $170US. Just ask people who use this lens...they will tell you it is not bad. My first Canon lens is just a modest 28-105 II USM and I don't plan to get a L lens for a while.
                        Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                        No Frontiers

Comment

Get a D70 instead. Superior in every aspect to the 300D.

Comment

Originally posted by jwenting
                            Believe me I would if i had the cash

Comment

Originally posted by jwenting
                              Believe me I would if i had the cash
                              D70- $999USD without the kit lens.
                              300D- (approx) $850USD without kit lens.

Only a difference of about $150.
                              CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

Working...
                              X