Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 hot photos on one day of a single plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 hot photos on one day of a single plane?

How is it possible that OE-LPM has been successfully uploaded 5 times as hot yesterday?

Per the upload guidelines: 2.5 Hot Photo

The following will be accepted as hot for 48 hours after the first photo got accepted:

1. New aircraft type produced by a manufacturer. (including subtypes)

2. New aircraft type / subtype for an airline or air force. (including roll-outs or test flights at the factory)

3. First appearance of a new airline colour scheme. (incl. for all subtypes)

4. First appearance of a special scheme for an airline or air force. Air force special scheme must be at least a full tail marking or similar size on the fuselage. (also for subtypes). Airline special scheme includes all alliance schemes such as Star Alliance, One World etc.

5. Other Newsworthy events at the discretion of the screening team. (typical hand over ceremonies, promotion tours by new airliner types,..)

6. Photos of airliners with a registration not in the database will count as hot. (the 48h hours guideline will not apply to those)

7. Please note that new routes are not considered as hot.

Comment

So point 5 applies, thanx, but that's rather weird.
      There are quite a few complaints from photographers who have uploaded hot photos of a new aircraft which were rejected/deleted due to a photo of the identical aircraft which has been uploaded by a different photographer a few hours earlier.

Comment

Let us see:

1. not valid
        2. not valid because OE-LPL appeared first
        3. not valid because no new al scheme
        4.not valid because no special scheme
        5. imo not valid for all pics, only for the water salute pics if at all
        6. not clear to me. more likely not valid because the reg. appeared in march already.
        7. not valid

Comment

Originally posted by bstolle View Post
          According to my understanding then only pics of the water salute could qualify at all and not the others which do not show any special event..

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
            Per the upload guidelines: 2.5 Hot Photo

The following will be accepted as hot for 48 hours after the first photo got accepted:

1. New aircraft type produced by a manufacturer. (including subtypes)

2. New aircraft type / subtype for an airline or air force. (including roll-outs or test flights at the factory)

3. First appearance of a new airline colour scheme. (incl. for all subtypes)

4. First appearance of a special scheme for an airline or air force. Air force special scheme must be at least a full tail marking or similar size on the fuselage. (also for subtypes). Airline special scheme includes all alliance schemes such as Star Alliance, One World etc.

5. Other Newsworthy events at the discretion of the screening team. (typical hand over ceremonies, promotion tours by new airliner types,..)

6. Photos of airliners with a registration not in the database will count as hot. (the 48h hours guideline will not apply to those)

7. Please note that new routes are not considered as hot.
            So no 5 hot pics should have been accepted right ?

Comment

IMO this is the only one which qualifies as hot: OE-LPM | Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner | Austrian Airlines | Fabrizio Spicuglia | JetPhotos
              This is the first photo of the 787 in OS livery.

Comment

Screener's discretion. First appearance of new type in full colours, nothing to do with water salute. Hot for 48 hours.

Comment

So it is indeed #5 as expected. Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by bstolle View Post
                    There are quite a few complaints from photographers who have uploaded hot photos of a new aircraft which were rejected/deleted due to a photo of the identical aircraft which has been uploaded by a different photographer a few hours earlier.
                    The screeners don’t follow their own rules. I had once uploaded a photo of a UA B38M on its first revenue flight (landing in EWR), and another photographer uploaded their photo (same place, same day, same time) no more than an hour before me. Yet, mine was rejected for “Invalid Hot.” Inconsistent, rude, and hypocritical.

Comment

Originally posted by zhf21 View Post

The screeners don’t follow their own rules. I had once uploaded a photo of a UA B38M on its first revenue flight (landing in EWR), and another photographer uploaded their photo (same place, same day, same time) no more than an hour before me. Yet, mine was rejected for “Invalid Hot.” Inconsistent, rude, and hypocritical.
                      Because it wasn't a hot photo. First registrations are hot for first photo only.

Comment

Not inconsistent, rude or hypocritical. New fleet aditions of an existent type are first photo only. So the next Austrian 787 will be the first photo only, no 48h rule.
                        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

For anyone reading this thread and is curious what it's like working behind the scenes, this kind of attitude/language constitutes a significant part of the communications we receive

Comment

In this exceptional case I need to agree with zhf21. There is (sometimes) inconsistency in screening. I recently found two photos accepted with major mistakes in the description, what should have neen rejected for BAD INFO. The wrong / missing info was clearly visible for the screeners (an aircraft allocated to an airline, even it was clearly untitled, second was a missing serial number, where it would had been possible to find it with one click). I have often received rejections for smalller issues, such as not adding the serial for a small Cessna, if the serial could be found only after some hours of search. My point of view.
                            And @ dlowwa​: I would not read the post of zhf21 as rude or bad altitude...

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

Because it wasn't a hot photo. First registrations are hot for first photo only.
                              Thank you for clarifying. That's all that needed to be said. The wording for the "Hot Photo" section in the guidelines is way too wordy and leads to misunderstandings.

​​
                              Originally posted by Felipe Garcia View Post

Not inconsistent, rude or hypocritical.

​This wasn't specific to the photo I was discussing or the Austrian 787. This is my general observation, which other members clearly support.

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

For anyone reading this thread and is curious what it's like working behind the scenes, this kind of attitude/language constitutes a significant part of the communications we receive
                              Your sarcastic smiley face at the end proves my point. I appreciate what the screeners do, but JetPhotos has become very infuriating.

---

Originally posted by AKH View Post

In this exceptional case I need to agree with zhf21. There is (sometimes) inconsistency in screening. I recently found two photos accepted with major mistakes in the description, what should have neen rejected for BAD INFO. The wrong / missing info was clearly visible for the screeners (an aircraft allocated to an airline, even it was clearly untitled, second was a missing serial number, where it would had been possible to find it with one click). I have often received rejections for smalller issues, such as not adding the serial for a small Cessna, if the serial could be found only after some hours of search. My point of view.
                              And @ dlowwa​: I would not read the post of zhf21 as rude or bad altitude...
                              Thank you for highlighting this. It's insane to me. I've submitted photo corrections countless times because I often see a United 737-800 marked as a MAX 8 or wrongly transcribed tail numbers (e.g., N442UA was accepted as N424UA). Yet a minuscule mistake like not checking "Small Prop" gets my photos rejected. ​​

Comment

Working...
                              X