Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget dslr system

Hey everyone,
    I have read all the archive posts about the 300d and nikon d70 and would like an all honest opinion. No canon v nikon wars!
    What I really want to know is will I miss the extra features of the d70?
    I think I am leaning towards the 300d with the kit lens and a 50-200mm or 75-300 IS if I have the money!
    Thanks alot,
    Ari
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet intakes

Basically, Canon L Glass lenses kick the pants off anything from Nikon.
    You might want to get your head out of your ass. Nikon's professional lenses, ED glass, is on par with L glass. Now I know the Canon people are going to get on my case for this.

Either way you go, you will be happy with your set up. The Nikon feels like a larger heavier camera, which for myself is something I love.

Comment

Both cameras will do the job (just look at the photos by people who use them)...and Nikon lenses are just as capable as Canon lenses, contrary to what you hear from some people here. The question is how much are you willing to spend? After I tried both out at my local camera store, I would pick the D70...but you might have a different opinion so go to your local camera shop and try them both first!!!

I ended up getting a used D30 off ebay because it was cheaper than getting either the 300D or D70 new so the bottom line is how much you want to spend and what you want to do with the camera.
      Click Here for my aviation photographs.
      No Frontiers

Comment

Just as b777 has said, I can't stress how much of it is your personal opinion. Even if you do buy online, go into a reputable camera store, try both, put on a lens. See how it feels, how do various combinations at your price point work.

When I was beginning I had a Nikon F-65, I chose this camera because I hated the feel of the Canon Rebel, those were the two cameras in my price range.

No matter what system you go with, you can be capable of producing breathe taking results.

Comment

Thanks alot for the advice everyone
          Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet intakes

Comment

Working...
          X