I found it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found it!

I may have mentioned here on the forum that my first flight was on Eastern Airlines, way back in 1981. It was a class field trip made possible by Eastern, where schoolchildren were introduced to flying...not sure if the program continued outside Florida or not. Anyways, we flew from Orlando to Fort Meyers and return.
    I knew somewhere around the house I had a few photos but I have been unable to locate them for a couple of years- well last night I scored. I didn't find the prints, I found the negatives! Mind you, between 1981 and now I have moved nine times, so finding them at all was lucky. All were taken on a crappy 110 camera, and I was 11 at the time so they are nothing great. Probably the best one is shown below, the a/c we flew on pictured at Fort Meyers. I've also got a terminal view of an EAL A300 ( I think) and some PanAm tails at Orlando.
    This is a scan of the negative, with only initial color-correction applied in Paint Shop Pro. My next step in restoring this is to edit out all the little scratches and stuff...the negs are in pretty rough shape. I am not fooling myself in thinking that it will ever appear in the database, but I am happy that a photo taken almost 25 years ago will be part of my collection.
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Nice nostalgia.

Reminds me of the time I got a Bonneville (my current car) from some friends and when I was cleaning it out I found an Eastern Airlines ice scraper.

Comment

So did you keep the ice scraper or sell it on E-Bay??
      George R. Widener
      Oshkosh, WI USA
      Aircraft Photos Here
      Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

I'm too lazy to get a seller's account on ebay so it's still in my car pulling ice scraper duties when need be.

Comment

Nice photo!
          Will F.
          Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Eastern

Nice photo, nice salvage operation!
            DFW Tower.com

Comment

Working...
            X