rejection question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rejection question

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

rejected for parts cut off. I purposely choose to make the fuselage centered, leaving the stabs would ruins the composition imho. Is this a policy of JP.net? Ive uploaded shots with parts missing before, just wanted to clear this up, so I dont upload more shots like that, I think the stabs are fully visible in the original shot.

In my opinion it doesn't make any sense to cut the stabs in such a pic. But that's just my personal opinion.

Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

why would you cut off the stabs and leave so much dead space in front of the nose? That does look not cenered. Include the missing parts or crop tighter and it will be fine.
      greetings,
      Philip

Comment

Mine too, and I screened it. The aircraft is not complete, sometimes cutting parts off works and sometimes it doesn't-this is one where it doesn't IMO.

Matt
        My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Ok, then I guess we disagree. Theres equal space between nose and tail, leaving the stabs in the pic would make it unbalanced, and not at all pleasing to the eye.

Now I know what JPs rules are.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_SE
            Ok, then I guess we disagree. Theres equal space between nose and tail, leaving the stabs in the pic would make it unbalanced, and not at all pleasing to the eye.
            That's your personal opinion. In my opinion, cutting off parts of the main subject - the aircraft - is not pleasing to the eye. Even more, if you only cut off some 10% of the stab.

Examples:
            [photoid=269618]
            [photoid=269591]

As Matt already mentioned. In other situations (other angles) it works perfectly. But not here, in my opinion.

Now I know what JPs rules are.
            I'm not really sure .

Gerardo

Comment

No need to be sarcastic and patronizing. And no need to tell me "thats your personal opinion", of course it is.

Comment

Writing this .... : "Theres equal space between nose and tail, leaving the stabs in the pic would make it unbalanced, and not at all pleasing to the eye." ... is like writing a fact and not an opinion. I just wanted to make it clear, that there are different opinions regarding the cut off stabs in your pic. No sarcasm at all.

Gerardo

Comment

nah not gonna bother, I was mainly curious what the "rules" are

Comment

Brotha there ain't no "rules". There are standards of quality and techniques to taking and editing photos. Ask about how to improve. Don't b*tch and complain cuz you can't get this one accepted. You got alot of nice pictures up here do you really want a subpar one to go with them?
                    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

"Brotha"?

mikecweb there are no standards in photography, its each to his own. I have mine and you have yours. I have tons of shots of SAS 330s, I just felt like uploading this cause its low over the thresh. No biggie if it doesn't get in at all to me, so thats not at all what I was bitching about.

You got alot of nice pictures up here
                      thanks! I put my best stuff up on a.net though.

Comment

I put my best stuff up on a.net though.
                        Aren't you special.

Comment

"Brotha"?

mikecweb there are no standards in photography, its each to his own. I have mine and you have yours. I have tons of shots of SAS 330s, I just felt like uploading this cause its low over the thresh. No biggie if it doesn't get in at all to me, so thats not at all what I was bitching about.

You got alot of nice pictures up here
                          thanks! I put my best stuff up on a.net though.
                          Wouldn't wanna mix up such great work with the slouches over here eh...

Cocky piece of sh*T.
                          Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Sounds like the reactions from ppl who cant get stuff onto a.net.

I'm gonna ask to have this thread deleted, asking questions here was a bad idea. Sorry about this.

Comment

Whats the point in that?

You had no motive to cut them off. You had most of the tailplane then just cut it off.

By cropping closer to the tail, it gives a lot more motive.
                              Sam Rudge
                              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
                              X