Horizon Unlevel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon Unlevel?

Now maybe I'm just not seeing it on this one, but I can't figure what is "unlevel" about this picture.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

(Yeah, I know I screwed up on the Registration but that is easy to fix as well as a it needs to be sharper.)

That's a difficult one. Looking at the ladders on the tanks to the left, I'd say it needs a very slight turn clockwise.

Boy is that a long plane...

Comment

Ys, that photo is leaning to the left. Also could use a bit of USM.
      Sam Rudge
      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Yes, it is unlevel. Add to that, that it looks a bit soft and grainy/noisy.

Gerardo
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I swear some people must be using rulers and protractors to check the horizon lines. It's all good, you gotta keep up those high standards.
          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Or you could just look at the photo and see if its leaning to one side or not.
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
              I swear some people must be using rulers and protractors to check the horizon lines. It's all good, you gotta keep up those high standards.
              It's clearly leaning left. What more needs to be said?
              My photos on jp.net

Comment

yup i second it, leaning to the left. as soon as i opened the photo my head tilted to view.

Comment

There is also another way of looking at things, if I see a picture which is slightly off level but unacceptable for other reasons (registration in this case) I will reject it both for badinfo and badlevel. The fact that a picture is slightly unlevel may not be enough to warrant a reject but if the picture is rejected for another reason it is worth checking the 'horizon' box so that when the shot is re-uploaded it will be level.

Matt
                  My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Working...
                  X