Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burrd255314
    replied
    Seriously jwenting, What are the differences between the canon 3000v and the 300v?
    I plan on using it for a few months, then I am leaving the country for about a year so I will not 'invest' in a dslr.
    When I return howver, it is a different story - a 10d with 100-400L IS will be coming my way methinks
    Also, what is a decent resolution to scan at? 4000 or something around 2500dpi on a film scanner?
    Cheers,
    Ari

Leave a comment:

• jwenting
    replied
    if you think an Eos 3000 is an Eos 300 with a different colour body you're way mistaken.
    The 300 is a far more advanced camera with better features and higher performance.

But then, with people saying the 300d is the same as the 1d only cheaper that's about what one would expect of consumers these days.

Leave a comment:

• Burrd255314
    replied
    ^^ bump ^^
    I took the f55 back and got the canon 3000v - basically the 300v but with black on the casing and no backlit lcd!
    I am planning on borrowing the 35-350L USM for a few days and see the results. Got a roll done today and am waiting for the results from the developers.
    Anybody reccomend a really good film scanner? I was looking at the coolscan 4000ED form Nikon. I am not planning on buying it but renting it from a company near my house which rents big expensive camera equipment cheaply.
    If anyone needs, it is calumet UK. They have Nikon f5's for £20 for the weekend!!!!
    Anyhoo, Thanks for all the advice you are giving,
    Ari

Leave a comment:

• jwenting
    replied
    Dynax 5 replaced the 505 which replaced the 500
    Quite a nice midrange consumer SLR, similar to the Nikon F65.

Should serve you well.

Main problem with Konica/Minolta is the lack of accessoiries and the smaller dealer (thus support) network, not the quality of the equipment.

Leave a comment:

• uy707
    replied
    Out there, another film user.
    -Kodak K64
    -Canon 600 body
    -35/105 mm and 70/210mm lenses
    Work on manual modes.
    Alain

Leave a comment:

• u2o
    replied
    i use minolta dynax 404SI... cheapy SLR i got last year. I've only got 35-80mm that came with the camera, saving up for a big lense though. i wish if the auto focus was faster.

Leave a comment:

• Burrd255314
    replied
    What about the minolta dynax 5?
    Any experience here or not?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jwenting
    replied
    F55 is extreme low-end. You want more manual control, at least an F65 or F75.

And yes, I'll still call it digicrap in 5 years.
    At the moment there's 3 digital cameras that have my respect (MF and LF ones not included. They are the Nikon D2h, the Kodak DSC-14/N and the Leica R8/R9 with digital back.
    These have one thing in common: their extreme pricepoint.

Until cameras in that class (features, performance) sell for the same price as respective SLRs with the same features (meaning roughly 40% of the current price) I stick with film, and even at that time I will seriously consider requiring switchable backs with different sensors for different requirements to be a must.

Leave a comment:

• Burrd255314
    replied
    Well, I was just having a mess around today with the nikon f55 and in sports mode, continuous focus is avaiable.
    This is unfortunate as you cannot change the apeture. The camera usually sets this at 5.6 to maintain a high shutter spped. Is this OK because the pictures will be soft?
    Any help with the canons is much appreciated.
    Ari

Leave a comment:

• aquiros
    replied
    Hi..well I have 2 Pentax SLRs (a classic MESuper and a MZ-5) with 28-105, 70-320 and a 50mm; I also have a new Sony F717 5MP digital. I must probalby be the ONLY person with a Pentax around here..!

I used to shoot both paper and slides, but now with the digital, my SLRs are going to get a break. Not sure if to get rid of them or keep them...I'l probably keep'em (I seem to have a problem getting rid of old stuff anyways!)

Leave a comment:

• Burrd255314
    replied
    Thanks everyone,
    Is there a way to enable a focus lock beep like on the canon?
    I find it hard to look through the veiwfinder and also down at the info being displayed in it.
    I cannot decide if to get Canon or Nikon ir not because I want it for farnborough 2004. I can rent the canon 35-350Lism or the sigma 50-500 for the nikon.
    This is of course not the only factor, but when I get a dslr in a few years from now, I wonder which manufacturer will have the edge?
    Thanks,
    Ari

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    I'll laugh when I see you calling it digicrap another five years from now...

-clovis

Leave a comment:

• jwenting
    replied
    I've got both an F80 and an F100 so if you want to know specifics about differences don't be afraid to ask.

Current owner of 3 film SLRs and a digicrap :P

Leave a comment:

• bbuse
    replied
    Originally posted by PT737SWA
    I have a Nikon N80 but I'll be selling it now that I have the D70.
    I also have a Nikon N80 and am very happy with it. Lately I have been using the Kodak High Definition 400 film and have been happy with the results I have been getting with that film.

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    Canon AE-1P with a 50mm f/1.4

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

Working...
X