Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Equipment Finally Selected!

Well guys the time has come!

Over the next 4 weeks I will be getting my new photography equipment together and hopefully by mid July at the latest I shall be fully operational with my new equipment, finally joining the DSLR world and happily leaving the limits of compact photography behind.

I feel I have gone past the limits Compact digital cameras can offer me and now see a DSLR as the only way of expanding my skills and improving my photography after many months of thinking about it, trying different cameras out I have opted for the following!

1 X Canon EOS-10D
    1 X Battery Grip BG-ED3
    1 X Canon EF100-400 ImageStab
    1 X Canon EF28-105 3.5 - 4.5 USMII
    1 X Hoya Filter 77mm HMC Skylight 1B
    1 X Hoya Filter 58mm HMC Skylight 1B
    4 X CompactFlash Memory Card - 256Mb
    1 X USB Memory Card Drive - For CompactFlash
    3 X Digital Camera Battery - Canon BP-511 & BP512 Equivalent
    1 X Camera Bag

There are a few more options on some odd bits and bobs but above is my most essential checklist. Cant wait to get it all together and start uploading shots with my new equipment, hopefully I can only improve and provide better quality shots to be added to this wonderful database!
    E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Damn thats a shitload of new gear! Gonna cost as much as like a car!

But you'll have fun no doubt! Look forward to seeing some of the results

-Adam

Comment

Nice Jason.

Of course you got to get that 10D to make Kilroy's gear look antiquated. j/k

Comment

Having been at MAN with Jase loads over the last couple of months, i understand the frustration the poor guy has had with his compact! So dis-heartened with taking cr***y plane pics he resorted to alternative forms of photography:

So i can truly say that by getting this kit, all MAN photographers are in dire trouble as we face competition form another JP.Net supremo. I'm looking forward to the battle mate!

Comment

Jason,

I thought you bought a D30 a while back?

Comment

DAAAMN... well i'm sure your gonna have fun with it.

However... instead of getting 4 256mb cards... get 1 or 2 1gb cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
              DAAAMN... well i'm sure your gonna have fun with it.

However... instead of getting 4 256mb cards... get 1 or 2 1gb cards.
              With only 1 card if it gets messed up, you're f*ed. He did the right thing.
              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

With only 1 card if it gets messed up, you're f*ed. He did the right thing
                When that 747 gets hit by a gust of wind and slams its left engine into the ground while you're changing cards...we'll see who's laughing

-clovis

Comment

I'd get at least one 512mb card; 256 can fill up surprisingly fast. The first couple of times you hit the airport with your new gear, you'll do a couple of hundred frames in the first couple of hours easily. Naturally this will decrease as you get more experienced and choosy with your shots.

Comment

I prefer more 256MB card. If one gets messed up, the whole trip is not lost.
                    My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
                    My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
                    ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

Comment

When that 747 gets hit by a gust of wind and slams its left engine into the ground while you're changing cards...we'll see who's laughing

So change cards before the Korean Air takes off

Matt
                      My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

That was a camera off problem Matt

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by egll

So change cards before the Korean Air takes off

Matt
                          :P
                          It's a better insurance IMO to have two or more cards. If your only card f*cked up after you take an amazing shot, you won't be too happy either. Swapping cards out only takes a few seconds anyways.
                          Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                          No Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
                            Having been at MAN with Jase loads over the last couple of months, i understand the frustration the poor guy has had with his compact! So dis-heartened with taking cr***y plane pics he resorted to alternative forms of photography:

So i can truly say that by getting this kit, all MAN photographers are in dire trouble as we face competition form another JP.Net supremo. I'm looking forward to the battle mate!
                            Yeah, looks like he now prefers to shoot macro nature photographs

Comment

Geez Jase I hope you get a good tan out here in LA next month!

Best of luck with your new equipment, although with a kit like that, you'll be able to let your imagination fly photo wise

-Clovis

Comment

Working...
                              X