Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 300D - Price in Japan

Hi there.

Next october my brother will go to Japan. Because of that I was wondering how much would cost a Canon 300D with 75-300mm F4.0-5.6 USM lenses or 75-300mm F4.0-5.6 III, and a 512mb CF card.

Thanks!

I just was asking myself that a couple of days ago casue i was planning on buying one
    So i contacted a guy in Japan and the reply included

a Canon Digital Rebel is around 600-1000 Dollars.
    Thats in US$,

Dont know how much everything else costs.

Im in Japan in September to early October (get back here on the 3rd October), so remind me then and Ill hopefully have an answer as im finding out for a few people. (Including myself)
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Actually guys, in most cases electronics in Japan are more expensive than elsewhere. I say find a store here in Akihabara (the electronics district of Tokyo) so that you can play with the equipment, then buy elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        Actually guys, in most cases electronics in Japan are more expensive than elsewhere. I say find a store here in Akihabara (the electronics district of Tokyo) so that you can play with the equipment, then buy elsewhere.
        Interesting... but I cannot be more expensive than here

Do you have any idea of the price of the equipment I mentioned above?

Comment

Unfortunately I do not, but usually cameras are about 15-20% more expensive than in the US on average...dont know about lenses and such. If I find out more I'll let you know.

-emu

Comment

Unfortunately I do not, but usually cameras are about 15-20% more expensive than in the US on average...dont know about lenses and such. If I find out more I'll let you know.

-emu
            Thx mate.

Comment

Originally posted by PP-VRA

-emu
              Thx mate.
              Emu aims to please

Comment

i dont know much about camera prices over in the US so im not good with comparison with Japanese prices but how about places like Yodobashi camera in Shinjuku, Tokyo? I heard they were pretty good. or BIC camera?

how much are 300D in the US?

by the way is 300D same as 'EOS Kiss' in japan??

BIC Camera http://www.biccamera.com/bicbic/app/...0020255,144000 has one with 18-55mm for 1300USD (i know this isnt the lens you want, but just as a reference). is that expensive in US? In the UK where I live, 300D costs £750 (1380USD) for body only (Jessops reatail), so it looks cheaper over in japan than the UK. but then everything in the UK is expensive.

Comment

The 300D with 18-55mm lens costs USD 899.95 at B&H, a big web retailer in the US:
                  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=AEHJuENVtc!672113090?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=297501&is=REG

So yeah, prices in JP are typically not that great. You'd get even better prices in the free ports in the caribbean, like St. Thomas, St. Maarten, etc. if the stores there have the item you want. Canon "L" lenses are reportedly a few hundreds cheaper there. Typically about 200 USD less. Will report back when I go later this year

Comment

Originally posted by billiam
                    The 300D with 18-55mm lens costs USD 899.95 at B&H, a big web retailer in the US:
                    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=AEHJuENVtc!672113090?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=297501&is=REG

So yeah, prices in JP are typically not that great. You'd get even better prices in the free ports in the caribbean, like St. Thomas, St. Maarten, etc. if the stores there have the item you want. Canon "L" lenses are reportedly a few hundreds cheaper there. Typically about 200 USD less. Will report back when I go later this year
                    Wow nice, USD900 for 300D with lens... thats £490

Comment

Canon 300D Japan

Hey PP-VRA:

The Umeda, largest camera super-store, in Osaka is selling the 300D body for 150000 YEN. Give or take $1.00 = 100 YEN. The 300D alone is $1500.00 U.S Dollars. Might as well come home to the U.S and get a 10D. The EF 75-300mm goes for $499.00 and forget about buying CF in the Japan. Unless you are making Japanese salary, the CF price is so jacked up. For a 512MB it is about $250.00 US.

Although surprisingly the when I looked around I saw the D70 to be equivalent to the U.S. It is around $1200.00 U.S. But overall electronics in Japan is much more expensive than the U.S like many have mentioned. Suggest buy the DSLR here in the U.S.

Cheers - Jay

Comment

i take it you mean 150000YEN for 300D body? 15000YEN is 138USD and the body 150000YEN would come to about 1400USD.

i also take it that the lens isn't 499.00YEN, thats under 5USD

Comment

LOL... YEN!!!

PP-VRA:

Yes.. my bad.. I forgot to add another 0 to the YEN number. That would be outrageously cheap would it not? . THat goes for the lens price mix-up in currency. I made changes to my post .

Cheers- Jay

Comment

im u2o... not PP-VRA but im sure he/she would appreciate the info. I just got into this thread and started posting because im going to Japan this summer and wanted to contribute my opinions, never mind

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!

1500 bucks just for the body? Wow...pretty expensive

Yes, the prices at the US are way better but I don't know anyone who is going there and could bring it to me

Thanks again! If you have any more info keep posting

Cheers,

Bernardo

Comment

Working...
                              X