Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon 300D or Canon D30, Which One Should I Go For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going for the 300D!

Hi all,
    I've decided I'm gunna go for the 300D I've just ordered it My mum and dad have said they'll buy it me, aslong as I pay them back most of the cash by about Christmas and take my own spends to LA next month.

I'll get the camera, 18-55mm lens, case, one 256mb card, one 128mb card for 785. It all should be delivered by Friday (11-06-04) I should then be able to get the 75-300mm lens on the following Sunday I'll get the rest of the accessories in the next week or so.

Just to let you know and thanks for all the help All the best. Dale.

Comment

Sweet! If you want the link to the firmware hack site PM me!

Comment

Congratulations Dale!!!

Comment

My mum and dad have said they'll buy it me
          If only my parents still bought me stuff.

Good luck with the new camera Dale, i'm planning on getting the same set up later on in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
            Sweet! If you want the link to the firmware hack site PM me!
            Just say no Dale!

Comment

Greg... why don't you like the hack?

Comment

I don't see the point of trying to make the 300D a silver 10D. I bought a 300D and by golly it's staying that way.

If I wanted a 10D I would sell the Rebel and buy myself one. I don't need those features and the camera works fine as-is.

Comment

I guess i see your point but i do disagree. I like my hacked 300D and it's only gonna get better once everything gets working

No need for a 10D

Comment

Try asking Canon for tech support even after your Warantee goes bad...as long as you have that hack they aren't going to want to look at it.

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                      Try asking Canon for tech support even after your Warantee goes bad...as long as you have that hack they aren't going to want to look at it.

-Clovis
                      That's why I won't put the hack on my camera!

Comment

Originally posted by c72
                        Originally posted by Leftseat86

-Clovis
                        That's why I won't put the hack on my camera!
                        If the warantee is out your better off just going to a regular camera repair place than shipping it to Canon and waiting 3 weeks. No matter where you go your gonna have to pay to get it fixed anyways.

Comment

My camera is only 2 weeks old, so I have almost a full year warranty left on it. I'm very strong against voiding warranties on any of my posessions.

Comment

If the warantee is out your better off just going to a regular camera repair place than shipping it to Canon and waiting 3 weeks. No matter where you go your gonna have to pay to get it fixed anyways.
                            Do what you want but when the sh*t hits the fan and you want an answer that hack will put it all on you.

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by c72
                              My camera is only 2 weeks old, so I have almost a full year warranty left on it. I'm very strong against voiding warranties on any of my posessions.
                              Good Call Steve. I got the 300D over the D30/D60 because the 300D came with a warrenty! And, I'll be damned if I ever put a hack on it. The Digital Rebel performs beautifully without any hacks! I've still got... 9 months on my warrenty and its gonna last me 9 more months !

-Adam

Comment

Nope, I sure won't I ain't getting invloved in all that stuff. I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle if something went wrong with it (touch wood it won't).

I'm staying well away from all that hacking c**p! Don't worry guys

Comment

Working...
                                X