Canon 400mm EF5.6L..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 400mm EF5.6L..

Anyone shooting with this glass? I am looking at adding to this to my lineup but I am just curious as to what (if anyone) has to say about this lens. I realize that a few here shoot with the 100mm-400mm 5.6L but being an old school photographer, long zooms just do not do it for me.

Aldo

you might want to check out this comparo between the 400mm f/5.6 and the 100-400mm zoom:

Comment

Yeah, I read that report some weeks back as well as other similar comparisions. As expected the 400 fixed focal blows the 100-400 away in clarity, sharpness and contrast. Due to the lack of response, I gather most here do not use this type of lens.

Aldo

Comment

G'day
        I have looked at it pretty closely and its a super lens.
        Many feel it needs IS but hey IS has onlybeen around for less than 10years and how did we ever manage beforehand.
        The nature guys love it for being light and very sharp.
        Well worth the investment.
        Darren

Comment

Cheers, Howie. Indeed I know of some 'birders (the ones with feathers as opposed to metal)' who love this glass as it is lightweight and despite it's slow speed it is exceptionally sharp. I was curious if those who shoot 'metal' birds have had any experience with this lens.

Ciao,

Aldo

Comment

Working...
          X