Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange colours on scans

Hi,
    Well, eventually I got my processed slide back from the lab. The have been scanned at 3000dpi. I want to know why they all look diferent on the screen than on the slide when it is projected? They all seem to be a different colour and some places on them are blown out and some very dark?
    Please help.
    I have calibrated my moniter and the problem still exists
    I will upload an image now to show you:

Ari
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet intakes

i really dont know what you're on about with dark bits and that, the pic looks ok to me on my monitor.

Saying that though, quality of pic aint that good, the aircrafts are all blurred, but maybe that could be just you taking the pic.

Comment

Thanks,
      I have resized it and saved at low resolution and quality for the benefit of others.
      The scan does not look like the slide at all, the slide has wonderful colours, but this hasn't. I have asked the lab and they are getting back to me.
      I have tried messing around on photoshop with the curves tool and am getting somewhere, but have I got the right format - RGB or CMYG?
      Thanks

Comment

Hmmm, I'm not sure. When I scanned slides - maaaaaaany years ago - I always scanned at the highest optical resolution, which was something around 2720dpi on my slide scanner at that time.

True, a monitor only has 72 or 96 dpi. But the higher the scan resolution, the more information you get. You can then resize to the dimensions needed, i.e. 1024x768 for internet use.

Cheers
        Gerardo
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

yeah my neg scan makes a lot of difference when scanning at say 72dpi and 1200dpi.

if i resize both to smaller size, say 800*600, then the 1200dpi version is much nicer and sharper.

for normal print scans, i just stick with 72-ish since it doesnt use up so much processor. 1200dpi just slows down my pc.

Comment

It was a negative scanner and therefore the resolution was 3000ppi (I typed dpi)
            Can anyone help me with the colour or not?
            Here is another one with strange colours, again, I have not edited it for this purpose:

It is low quality, to help people with dial-up, but I want to know how to fix the colour problem.
            Thanks

Comment

red cross, thats perfect

Comment

Sorry, filename had a space in it
                btw, u2o, chill out dude, no need to be so cross

Cheers

Comment

haha i was just kidding mate

Comment

A couple of things you can try:
                    1. buy a IT8 target and calibrate your scanner. A free film and flatbed scanner is available here: http://www.littlecms.com/lcms_profiler_beta_3.exe

2. If you have Photoshop or similar program, you should be able to set the white/grey points to get the right color temperature, which may help the make the picture look "right".

Comment

Working...
                    X