WHAT CAMERA SHOULD I GET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT CAMERA SHOULD I GET

Ive spent about 4 months w/ my 2.0 MP KODAK, i think its time to get a new camera. One problem I have no money. And my parents will definately say no because they see no point in another digital when i arleady have 1. Also,
    I cant get a job this summer cuz i have to study for SAT's
    Any suggestions on what camera I should get. Price range is upto 350. Not looking for a SLR, but that would be great. My friend got lucky and got a Canon 10D at a police auction for only 325!!!

I was thinkin about the C750, and other suggestions, and suggestions on how i can make 350 over the summer w/o a job.
    Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

In that price range the C-700 series is you best bet, i used to use a C-740...

Comment

SATs don't take a whole summer to study Get yourself a summer job and save up for a DSLR. IMO, it is better than to plunk down $300 or more for another point-and-shoot when you plan to get a DSLR anyways. If you work at a grocery store for about 30hrs. per week, you should have enough dough for a 300D by summer's end.
      Click Here for my aviation photographs.
      No Frontiers

Comment

Well you´ve hear dmy offer for the Minokta DImage, I can take it down to 350 if we strat to negotiate , just think about it
        MY EMAIL IS [email protected]

Iberia A340 Lover-EC-GLE

Comment

Three words for ya pal......GET A JOB! You can study for your SATs and work at the same time.....I did!

Aldo

Comment

C-750 can get you some great results.

[photoid=294456]
            [photoid=294453]
            [photoid=302695]

not to mention

Its a very good camera for its size, plus it has a 10x optical zoom,
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
              C-750 can get you some great results.

[photoid=294456]
              [photoid=294453]
              [photoid=302695]

not to mention

Its a very good camera for its size, plus it has a 10x optical zoom,
              What settings you use for the C750?
              Thanx for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by b777
                SATs don't take a whole summer to study Get yourself a summer job and save up for a DSLR. IMO, it is better than to plunk down $300 or more for another point-and-shoot when you plan to get a DSLR anyways. If you work at a grocery store for about 30hrs. per week, you should have enough dough for a 300D by summer's end.
                Yea... i agree. Studying for a test the whole time is a waste of a summer. Do what you really want.

Comment

NOPE I must study, I have to get at least a 1400, and then my parents will even buy me a 10D!!. So i was thinking maybe just to study my ass off and hope i get a 10D, and meanwhile stay put with the 2MP
                  Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

get a D70!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                      get a D70!
                      No! Don't!

Fly1346... good deal! You shoulda mentioned that to begin with
                      In that case you should study then and leave the C-740 or whatever alone.

Anyways... what does a 1400 equate to in %?

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                        Yea... i agree. Studying for a test the whole time is a waste of a summer. Do what you really want.
                        Some people put their future before their hobbies. That makes sense, you know...

Besides, as Sam has shown, DSLRs aren't the only way of getting good pictures.
                        Will F.
                        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                          Some people put their future before their hobbies. That makes sense, you know...

Besides, as Sam has shown, DSLRs aren't the only way of getting good pictures.
                          #1. You obviously havn't ever used a DSLR... yes you can get good pictures from a p&s but if you ever try a DSLR you will never do back to p&s...

#2. He said that if he gets a 1400 his parents would get him a 10D.

#3. The SAT is a test... not your future...

Comment

#1. You obviously havn't ever used a DSLR... yes you can get good pictures from a p&s but if you ever try a DSLR you will never do back to p&s...
                            All I said was that DSLR's aren't the only way to get good pictures, as Sam demonstrated effectively. Did I say that p&s are better than DSLRs? Did I say that after using a DSLR, I still think p&s are better?

#2. He said that if he gets a 1400 his parents would get him a 10D.
                            I didn't see that post, but regardless, why does that matter? All the more reason for him to study.

#3. The SAT is a test... not your future...
                            I think getting into a good university is VERY important for one's future. As far as I know, SATs play a big part in that.
                            Will F.
                            Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by crazy764
                              I didn't see that post, but regardless, why does that matter? All the more reason for him to study.
                              He posted it after i made the post that you are getting after me for.... read through the thread again

Originally posted by fly1346
                              NOPE I must study, I have to get at least a 1400, and then my parents will even buy me a 10D!!. So i was thinking maybe just to study my ass off and hope i get a 10D, and meanwhile stay put with the 2MP

Comment

Working...
                              X