Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Miami Spotting?

Hey guys ,

Well as you know im going to MIA to spot this summer.I contacted a friend of mine over there but he told me that doing spotting in the summer sucks.Why , is there any change of climate or what makes it "suck".I went there in Christmas and it was great , so , whats the change?
    MY EMAIL IS [email protected]

Iberia A340 Lover-EC-GLE

Climate but also the sun angle is not favorable. Also heat problems in pictures arise.
    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Youve been there Mike?

But is is that bad as to only go to watch(thats what my friend told me)

Iberia A340 Lover-EC-GLE

Comment

I'm from Boca Raton which is bout 30 mins north. I wouldn't say its that bad but then again it depends on what your trying to get out of it. Personal collection shots galore. But if you want some really spectacular shots you're gonna have to work the morning and evening times.

Comment

OK..hey mike dont you wanna join over there fos some spotting.Is it far away of a drive from Boca Raton to MIA,Im meeting with Jay Selman , and the Captain Log CLub , you wanna?

Iberia A340 Lover-EC-GLE

Comment

I would but I'm up in Daytona for school. Flying everyday working on commercial and multi.

Comment

Re: Summer Miami Spotting?

Originally posted by Alfred_Zeller
              Hey guys ,
              Why , is there any change of climate or what makes it "suck".I went there in Christmas and it was great , so , whats the change?
              Hi there. I live 5min from MIA, just next to the approach to runway 9. The summer is not so nice because you are out there in 100F heat, with 80% relative humidity... ...it really sucks...but then...if you wanna get a a tan...that'll do!
              There's a spot known as "the holes" which is basically right next to runways 8R and 12, where there's like a little grass with 2 palm trees that can give you a nice protection from the blazing sun. That's where I usually go. Take a couple of big bottles of water (you will need them!)
              After 10 or 11 am and all the way to 4 or 5pm you will get a lot of heat haze on shots of taxiing airplanes. Is airplanes are landing on runway 12..is perfect. But for runway 8R you can get the sun in your face if shooting a landing airplane (sun is moving to the north, so all the light comes from the "wrong side".
              But, then again...we love planes and I'm sure you can take a little heat if you take good precautions.
              So... take your camera, scanner, water and sunblock, drop me an email before you go and enjoy.
              CostaRicaAviation.com

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Well aquiros..ill be there arounf the ned of Jukly until August 25th.I already talked to Jay Selamn , and lots of others to meet up , if possible every day since I got nothing to do over there. I´ve been there , I have been to the "holes" and I have been to the spotting location where the railroad is , I believe its the approach to 9R. I dont care about the heat really , lets just go see and spot!! SO tell me which dates you can , PM me ith your number ,etc.. and ill do the same!!

Iberia A340 Lover-EC-GLE

Comment

I dont care about the heat really , lets just go see and spot!! SO tell me which dates you can , PM me ith your number ,etc.. and ill do the same!!
                  Cool...that's the spirit!!! you got a PM.

I believe its the approach to 9R.
                  Well, the runway numbers have changed since April..now 9R is just 9, 9L is now 8R; 8L is the new runway; 12 is still 12.
                  CostaRicaAviation.com

Comment

Alfred check your PMs.

Comment

Got ya both! We´re having a big nice group , also Jay and some others(Ryan Kaskel , Bob , etc..) have planned a day to go breakfeast in Ihop , spotting , lunch at BUrger , spotting again , and night night.Everything depends on weather of course

Iberia A340 Lover-EC-GLE

Comment

yes they meet up every saturday at 9am at the IHOP on 36th Street....I actually have not been into a meeting yet....it's just too early for me..
                        you know it's SATURDAY!!!!
                        But I'll be there!!!
                        CostaRicaAviation.com

Comment

Working...
                        X