Into the beautiful night!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Into the beautiful night!!!

Just screened this...now I have an incredible urge to go take night shots... Great photo William.

[photoid=303083]

-Clovis

Yep great shot indeed it pretty cool as you can see the tail blur from the rudder movement

I wish i had IS

Comment

IS would make that shot blurry. What you need is a tripod...or better yet...a concrete ledge!

-Clovis

Comment

How would the IS blur it? Mabey is it because the IS is only really effective down to a certain shutter speed?

I don't have the much experience with night shooting. At BDL there isn't a good view of ground ops... the parking garage view sucks excpet for only a few gates

Comment

Baisically, IS, in an attempt to stabilize the image, will blur it during long exposures. I have no IS lenses, but from what I have heard night shots should be taken with it off.

Night shots are some of the harder things to shoot in aviation...mainly because getting close to well lit static aircraft with no clutter or obstructions is REALLY hard.

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
            Night shots are some of the harder things to shoot in aviation...mainly because getting close to well lit static aircraft with no clutter or obstructions is REALLY hard.
            How true

Comment

Nice shot
              Click Here for my aviation photographs.
              No Frontiers

Comment

Thnaks guys. Yeah I just used a tripod. I work at night at the airport so I take alot of night shots. Most dont turn out. But here is the one that got away.

Bill

Comment

Re: Into the beautiful night!!!

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                  Just screened this...now I have an incredible urge to go take night shots... Great photo William.

[photoid=303083]

-Clovis
                  Beautiful!!! When I saw the arrival/departure times for JetBlue out of KSJC I was bummed as I very, very rarely am able to get out and shoot at those times.

Congrats on a really cool shot!

Click Here to view my aviation photos.

Comment

I have urge to take night shots too, there is one problem thought, sun goes down next time in about 3 weeks...
                    http://ovp.fi

Comment

Working...
                    X