Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon EOS 300D's price likely to go down???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon EOS 300D's price likely to go down???

Hello, i was just wondering if the 300D's price is likely to go down since it is getting to be an old model?? I was thinking about buying that camera, but then i thought that they might come up with a better camera with the same price as the 300D.

-PIAA310
    ***My Blog***

Re: Canon EOS 300D's price likely to go down???

Originally posted by PIAA310
    Hello, i was just wondering if the 300D's price is likely to go down since it is getting to be an old model?? I was thinking about buying that camera, but then i thought that they might come up with a better camera with the same price as the 300D.

-PIAA310
    It's the proverbial quandry that consumers always find themselves in

Do I buy the 2004 SL55 AMG Mercedes or wait until next year's model! AARRGGHH!!!!

Honestly, I don't know that there will be much in the way of a "price reduction" in the near future, but you can rest assured that Canon will pump out a new version, or even create another price point, as the product cycle dictates.

Latest rumors are that Canon will introduce another DSLR in August, but the details are totally unknown and it is a rumor. I say go for it if you can afford one now!

Click Here to view my aviation photos.

Comment

I would think the new DSLR (if there actually is one) would be a 10D replacement since that camera is older than the 300D.... mabey a 300D replacement would be sometime in winter 2005.

As for price reduction.... there might be one..... but it's proally gonna be after the new versions are intoroduce. The camera whose price is proally gonna fall first is the 10D.

Comment

I would say if you don't have the money to buy the 300D, forget about it.
        Once you have the 300D you want more lenses, memory, etc... and that is the most expensive part.
        That's just my opinion.
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=8994

Comment

It pays to shop around too, as prices here in the UK vary alot. When i got mine last October, it was new and I paid full retail price (GBP900) from the high street. However, just over 6 months later you can get the same kit for GBP750 from the internet, even less if you don't want the kit lens.

I agree the problem now is that i want more extra bits....more glass mainly, so much so that i've spent more money on add ons than i did buying the camera.

James.

Comment

Hello, thanks for the info guys!

This helped out a lot, i might hold off on the camera for a little while....after some more research.....

-PIAA310
            ***My Blog***

Comment

PIAA310. I'd just buy it now - the price is already falling over the past few weeks. You can get the entire kit from a reputable dealer now for $818 or less... when it comes to technology, we always lose when we play the waiting game

Comment

300D is the cheapest D-SLR on the market right now. I don't expect the price to fall dramatically...maybe if Nikon lowers the price on the D70. You can always just buy the lenses now and wait for the 300D replacement if you are so worried
                Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                No Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAir
                  PIAA310. I'd just buy it now - the price is already falling over the past few weeks. You can get the entire kit from a reputable dealer now for $818 or less... when it comes to technology, we always lose when we play the waiting game

Wow thats pretty cheap! I looked on Buydig.com and the total came out to be $913.42(camera and 73-300mm lens)

-PIAA310
                  ***My Blog***

Comment

Yeah $818 is for the kit - i.e. the 18-55 EFS.

Like kaddyuk said, $913 for the DRand 75-300 is pretty good... just do it

Comment

Working...
                    X