Cybershot Camera 5MP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cybershot Camera 5MP

Hey, My sister just bought a Sony Cybershot 5MP camera. And ill be using that for aviation photography. Anyone have any suggestions.... ANYONE use that camera??? I did recognize the slow shutter speed! But i havent experimented w/ the camera. Just gotta wait till her joy, and play with the camera is over then its ALL MINE!!! I just want to see if anyone here uses that camera!
    Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

I've had good luck in the past with Sony digital cameras, but not the one you mention. I think your primary limitation will be the zoom lens, or lack thereof. If you can get close to stationary subjects you should be fine...
    Just keep in mind, whatever you do, DON'T USE THE DIGITAL ZOOM. All it really does is enhance the image, not a true "zoom". And really, "enhance" is a matter of opinion. Optical zoom is always the best...
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Yeh.... i think what digital zoom does is just enlarges the pixels... kinda like zooming into the photo in Photoshop...

Don't know why they even bother with digital zoom... i guess most ppl just print on the little 4x6 cards so they don't notice/care/know whats wrong with the image as much.

Comment

Which one is it? V1? F717? Other model?
        CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

Hi, I find the Sony F707 no problem at all once you get used to the
          slight shutter lag, by tracking your target with shutter button half
          depressed you can usually nail it. what you can't do is use the
          shotgun approach as a lot of DSLR users do. some examples
          using the Olympus 1.7x B-300 teleconverter.

Ian

[photoid=305842]

[photoid=305817]

[photoid=868]

Comment

Nope its something like the p92 cybershot with 3x optical zoom

Comment

Don't you have to study for your SATs

Well, the increase in megapixels does allow you to compensate for the short lens but other than that I don't see how it could be different from your Kodak 2mp. The best advice I have for you is to go out and shoot some pictures and experiment...from the photos I have seen in reviews of this camera, it is quite capable of high quality images.
              Click Here for my aviation photographs.
              No Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by fly1346
                Nope its something like the p92 cybershot with 3x optical zoom

A 38-114mm lens is going to be tough to work with. You might be able to get a few decent shots from an area in the terminal without windows (don't shoot through windows).
                CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

i looked at the box its a P10 its pretty nice!! havent tried it out yet, cuz its my sisters but eventually shell be finished w/ it and itll be mine.!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X