Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Kodak DX6490 good for planespotting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Kodak DX6490 good for planespotting.

Hi
    Could anybody tell me wether the Kodak DX6490 easyshare digital camera is a good camera for fast moving aircraft going down Manchesters 24L.This is because I am thinking of buying one to replace my older 35mm camera.Any expiriances with this camera please let me know as it would be a great help.
    Thanks
    Michael
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    [email protected]

Hi there. I use the Kodak DX4530. It is a predecessor to the camera in question.

While it doesn't come close to a DSLR, I was able to get some decent shots from it. Here are some samples. Remember, that your camera will probably yield even better results.

[photoid=294402]
    [photoid=282216]
    [photoid=245229]
    [photoid=221748]
    [photoid=221407]
    [photoid=221051]
    Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

If you can.... get a DSLR.

If you can't get a DSLR.... get one the the olympus C-700 series camera. The C-750 is good with the 4mp or mabey they have an even better one now...
      The Olympus ones have all the manual controls.

Comment

See below...Double Post
        Tanner Johnson - Owner
        twenty53 Photography

Comment

Well I use the camera and I think it works wonders. While it may not be a DSLR it gets the job done for me and I even have some photos up in an art gallery and have sold many. While I don't go shoot planes very often because I am busy shooting other subjects, you can get some pretty nice results with the camera. You need to remember of course that it's not the camera, but it's the person behind the camera.

Below are the photos on here that I have taken with the DX6490 and if you would like to see what else the camera is capable of off of airport grounds feel free to contact me at [email protected]

[photoid=230140]

[photoid=230845]

[photoid=237199]

[photoid=245780]

Remember feel free to contact me either at [email protected] or at EasternAtlanta on AIM.
          Tanner Johnson - Owner
          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Hey Tanner,

It's nice to see another Kodak user.

BTW, very nice shots.
            Will F.

Comment

Hi all,
              I use to use a Kodak DX6340 which my parents bought me for Christmas. It's actually quite a good camera but of course does have it's limitations, but overall is a great camera. I have since gone DSLR and use a 300D.
              Although the DX series are great cameras, I have to agree however and say if you can go DSLR... go for it.

Regards Matt

Comment

Well obviously if he could go DSLR he wouldn't be talking about a $400 point and shoot. If that was the case I wouldn't have one.

I urge you to contact me to see what this camera can do. It's amazing and you can get great results if you learn and know how to use the camera right. Like I've said before several poster size prints are in an art gallery from this camera and people are surprised to see that I don't use a "professional" camera.
                Tanner Johnson - Owner
                twenty53 Photography

Comment

I have the C-750
                  (the one Paul mentioned)

Its a good camera, 10x optical zoom, 4MP, manual controlls plus auto.

[photoid=307475]
                  [photoid=294453]
                  [photoid=294456]
                  [photoid=302695]

I have a lot more high quality shots, (PM if interested in seeing or check the rest of my pics) the camera has a lot of pontential and I would be surprised if I have hit that yet.
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Hi again,
                    I f I could get a DSLR I would jump at the chance to get one but I have only a 250 buget and the DX6490 seems the perfect camera to replace my rubbish 35mm camera.Author Message.Tanner_J I think all your photos with this camera look absolutly stunning and look just as good as the DSLR photos.On this I think I might go on and buy one as I can use it very well for all things.Thanks everybody for your help.
                    Best regards
                    Michael
                    [email protected]

Comment

What about my pics?
                      Sam Rudge

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                        What about my pics?
                        Your photos look even more stunning! Even better than DSLR pics!

lol, jk

But very nice photos, I must say. You and Clovis really do Olympus justice.
                        Will F.

Comment

The Oly and the kodak are about equal. I would have bought the Kodak if I hadn't found a good deal on the 300D.

if you have the money go for a DSLR, otherwise get one of the higher quality Point and Shoots.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                            But very nice photos, I must say. You and Clovis really do Olympus justice.
                            Why thank you.
                            Sam Rudge

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                              What about my pics?
                              I like your shots. When i first saw your pics I genuinely thought they were DSLR. with 10x optical, i reckon it's a great camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X