Krispy Kreme Follies a.k.a. "The Wrong Lens"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krispy Kreme Follies a.k.a. "The Wrong Lens"

Well spent some more time at ORD yesterday, and as is tradition we stopped in at Krispy Kreme on Manheim for some doughnuts...we pulled into the parking lot and I gasped as I saw a B777 approaching...and the $#@!*& camera was in the back of the Envoy with the big lens on it...I knew it would be ugly. No time to swap out the lens...arrggghhh! Slam truck into park, sprint to the rear door...grab camera bag...fumble with latches...turn camera on...point the big 75-300EF USM at the heavy...
    First shot not bad (all these are raw, unprocessed, except for resizing for this post):

Second shot, oh this sucks:

Third shot, crap. Blew this opportunity.

Last shot, oh well, maybe next time:

But heck, it was fun.
    Caught Air India and China Cargo B747's, missed Royal Jordainian A340 (we pulled in the lot as it passed over...grrrr); caught Martinair and FedEx MD11's. Got there originally at around 1000 for the international heavy parade but they were landing opposite what we expected, based on the winds...so wifey and stepdaughter decided we needed to go to the Shedd Aquarium downtown. Needless to say, we didn't get back to ORD until about 3:15pm...but still had the opportunity to spot.
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

I have a feeling this won't be the only AA 777 you ever see at ORD ...
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
      I have a feeling this won't be the only AA 777 you ever see at ORD ...
      Methinks you are probably correct. I think I've seen a few others in the past...
      Still, they aren't quite as common on 22R...this just means I need to keep stopping for doughnuts every spotting trip.
      George R. Widener
      Oshkosh, WI USA
      Aircraft Photos Here
      Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Re: Krispy Kreme Follies a.k.a. "The Wrong Lens"

Originally posted by pullin4u
        Think it needs a clean.
        Sam Rudge
        A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Yeah, that's a key disadvantage about having a big lens

I've got the same lens as you (75-300) and many of times I've wanted to change lenses in a hurry but just not had the time to

I've been thinking about taking my little 2MP camera with me in the future and just keep it in my pocket, just incase I get into the same situation as you Maybe you could try it, if you've gotta decent little pocket camera?

It's just an idea

Comment

Working...
          X