Opinions Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions Needed

Guys, this is a small version of a pic I took on Saturday...I am looking for opinions. I've had a similar shot rejected in the past for being backlit, even though it is clearly artistic and, I think, somewhat moody. Anyone? Even if it would be rejected I am happy with how it turned out.
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

George,

I see what you were going for but I think the lighting is just too "harsh" for the shot. Had the sun been lower in the sky, creating more of a sunset look (soft lighting), I think the shot would have been much more dramatic.

CTS

http://www.starnesphoto.com/aviation
    [LAX / IAD Update 2.27.07]

Comment

I have to agree. It would probably be rejected for being backlit.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Good idea...but like Mr. Starnes said, sunset would have been better. Or more interesting clouds in the background.

-Clovis

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the responses. I think I will just file this one away in the collection. I thought it was kind of borderline on the backlighting, and I agree that the background needs "something".
          I wanted to wait around a bit longer for the sunset, but we had a 2 1/2 hour ride back to Oshkosh and my wife and stepdaughter were losing patience.
          Still lots of time left in the summer for those sunsets though...
          George R. Widener
          Oshkosh, WI USA
          Aircraft Photos Here
          Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

I think this is good considering the conditions. yes if it had been neraer sunset and taken from 400yds to the right, ( ie not backlit)it might have been better but the aircraft was there at the time the photo was taken and under the circumstances this is a good result and I like it.

Comment

Another home run

Aldo

Comment

Thanks guys!!
                George R. Widener
                Oshkosh, WI USA
                Aircraft Photos Here
                Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Working...
                X