Quit Photography for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quit Photography for a while

Hi i was wondering if I should stop photography for a while. You know how the FBI is with there homeland security crap... all worried and checking everything... and taking everything seriously. Me being a proud american born citizen (Pakistani parents) i dont want to get caught in this mess. I dont want to get detained lol... or deported. I dont know what I should do. Im thinking cut it down till the elections are over and the media calms down. Or should i continue spotting. Im kinda confused!
    Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Don't let the hype get you down. As an American citizen you have certain rights regardless of descent...
    I have to admit it would be somewhat intimidating though, if I was in your shoes... Too many people too quick to judge.
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

As far as i'm concerned the Department of Homeland Security/FBI can f*uck itself! I'm gonna keep spotting/photographing and if they come to bother me i'll give them a hard time and never ever hand over my camera!

And if they detain me/hurt me i'll use that to my advantage.... as i would be eventually be proven innocent then i could go after them...

So pretty much don't worry about being detained or crap like that. You live in America that is supposed to be "the land of the free"... live like it!

Comment

I have to admit it would be somewhat intimidating though, if I was in your shoes... Too many people too quick to judge.

Ya kinda nerve racking....Still what if they suspect me of something.. never know what the feds can be thinking!
        Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

Originally posted by fly1346
          Ya kinda nerve racking....Still what if they suspect me of something.. never know what the feds can be thinking!
          Well if you want to let the feds control your life... thats your choice... might as well go live in North Korea

Comment

If you're gonna quit aviation photography, which I suggest you don't, don't stop photography all together. There are a lot of interesting subjects around to snap. Even now it would be great to expand your horizons with photography. If you stop altogether, you'll have to learn again--that is if you have short term memory.

I say, don't give in to the feds. There is no law in the U.S. prohibiting photography of aircraft--or any other subject for that matter. Of course, there are some cases where this is true--i.e. Nuclear powerplants, and I imagine military bases.

I admit I'm somewhat timid and shy, so my adrenaline normally jumps when I go out to the airport because of the all the stories I've read. But we shouldn't let that stop us, right? After all we're technically artists! I don't see the police asking what a painter is doing if they are painting an aircraft--err, mabye that's pushing it.

Anyhow, this is a hobby, and our country is based on freedom, and therefore, we should be able to do our hobby, no matter how stupid some people think it is :P .

I'm not saying you should defy the police if they ask you to leave, but you should at least give consideration to their motivations. There is, and I guess, will always be 9/11 jitters.

My favorite quote from Winston Churchill is: "Never, never, never give up."

Go out there and shoot--I mean snap, some aircraft!
            CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

I agree, you may stop shooting planes but don't stop using your camera. If you shoot frequently and just stop you'll lose likely to lose some of your creative abilities. The "trained eye" is a real thing.
              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
              X