What Camera to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Camera to get?

Well folks, I don't have much money these days, and a digital camera that is good enough for taking prictures for Ebay. Now, in the past days, I noticed an increase in Airbus-related aircraft movements over my house, like a new EZ A319 doing some wild turns and several planes departing from or landing at XFW. I surely would love to take some pics of them, as those are pre-delivery/test flights. So, what is the best (and cheapest) camera for my situation?

-Colin

Re: What Camera to get?

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
    Well folks, I don't have much money these days, and a digital camera that is good enough for taking prictures for Ebay. Now, in the past days, I noticed an increase in Airbus-related aircraft movements over my house, like a new EZ A319 doing some wild turns and several planes departing from or landing at XFW. I surely would love to take some pics of them, as those are pre-delivery/test flights. So, what is the best (and cheapest) camera for my situation?

-Colin
    Well, I don't know about the cheapest, but the best for casual photograpy is the Canon PowerShot A80. 4MP, 3x, exellent print quality. I have one and it just blows away the old 1999 Olympus D-4000. The Canon A60 is 2MP and mostly the same. Or the A70 with 3MP. Either way, they are all exellent cameras
    Next Flight: SFO-JFK-Shannon on AA/Aer Lingus

Comment

You have a specify a price range you want to pay... then have ppl suggest cameras in that price range.

Comment

What Camera to get?

Definitely below 100€uros.

-Colin

Comment

I don't know how much they are selling for now, but if you want digital, I would reccomend the nikon coolpix 3200. I have been very pleased with it.

Comment

100 Euros is about $122 here in the U.S., and for that, you can't get much. Three optical zoom won't give you much, and digital zoom is worthless. I'd say save, borrow, or rent.
            CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

Originally posted by CheckSix
              100 Euros is about $122 here in the U.S., and for that, you can't get much. Three optical zoom won't give you much, and digital zoom is worthless. I'd say save, borrow, or rent.
              Exactly.... not gonna get anything good for that kinda price. Mabey a 2 or 3mp compact P&S with 3x optical. If there is stuff flying over your house it's proally not that low unless it's on short final so that zoom would be useless. Mabey you could find a film SLR then get the images develpod onto a CD.... but i don't know anything about how good the quality of those would be once they get onto a CD. I know one time i had that done a long time ago and everything came crappy.

Comment

What Camera to get?

Ohh, too bad . Maybe I should just go on the rooftop and give my small digicam a try. There is always Photoshop .

-Colin

Comment

Working...
                X