Screener's error???? Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screener's error???? Please help!

I submitted this picture for screening but it was rejected. Reason: Aircraft not centered in frame.

I was so shocked. There is actually no aircraft in the picture! It is a picture of the control tower. I checked the correct picture category and submitted all the correct information related to this picture.

Upon receiving the rejection notice, I appealed because I thought it was erroneously rejected. After I submitted the appeal, I received an e-mail stating the the appeal "was received and it was rejected." There was no explanation why it was rejected.

Is JP.net rejecting pictures of control tower? are we limited to "aircraft only pictures now"? I need an explanation.

Thanks.

GrandAir Fan

CLICK THIS LINK TO VIEW MY CONTRIBUTIONS AT JETPHOTOS.NET:

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=6799

One it's looks pretty oversharpened, or it could just be that it's compressed, I can't really tell. Two, the least you could have done was waited for the sun to come out. It would have made the photo a bit nicer.

Now as far as the rejection reason goes, the screeners have to check rejection reasons and it comes out as a standard message. If you'll notice in your photo, the tower is off to the right side of the photo. Try cropping of a little on the left side and then re-uploading it.

Comment

My guess is that they used the "aircraft not centered in frame" button, because there probably isn't one for "control tower not centered in frame".
      Like you, I sometimes wonder about the reasons for a rejection, oh well. A more detailed explanation would be helpful, but I suppose if they write a critique of every rejected photo we'd never get any approved.
      Cool looking tower, by the way. Where is it?
      George R. Widener
      Oshkosh, WI USA
      Aircraft Photos Here
      Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Thanks for your remarks! I took note of your suggestion. I will re-edit the picture.

I do not question the screeners authority to reject photos as long as it is properly explained. I have had lots rejections in the past but it was OK for me because it was clearly explained. There were screeners who even give suggestions on how to improve the picture, which I find it really very helpful. I learned a lot from those extra comments. I appreciate those screeners who give suggestions on improving the picture. However, in this particular case, what made me so upset is the fact the the reason for rejection was not appropriate for he picture. It was followed by the rejection of my appeal without any explanation at all!
        CLICK THIS LINK TO VIEW MY CONTRIBUTIONS AT JETPHOTOS.NET:

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=6799

Comment

Think you put a "-" in the "airline" column instead of "Control Tower".... I think I screened it, but cant remember at the moment.

Comment

Working...
          X