X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NOTAR520AC
    Originally posted by mikecweb
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=2281128/search=d70
    AAAAHHHH!!! Geez! These things don't come cheap, do they?!

Hmmm... well, I think I'm a decent photographer. lol. Always improving though.

How did you guys learn so much about post-processing?
    By talking to ppl, posting on forums, looking around the net, ect....

Comment

And sometimes good old trial and error. I don't know how many times I've gone back and processed an old image after learning a trick or two and ending up thinking if only I had known this before....!

A little bit like shooting prints exculsively in the 1980's before discovering slides in the 1990s

Andrew

Comment

Right...

Any good website you can reccomend? I'm pretty dumb when it comes to Paintshop.

OK- everyone- out of the choices below, which would you pick over the others & why?
        • Canon 300D
          Canon 10D
          Canon D30
          Nikon D70
          Olympus E-1
        Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Check out the lenses and DSLR choices threads. We just went through this pretty good. helped me make my decision of 10D.
          Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Not an easy question to answer. It depends much on personal preference:

1) If you are already locked in with certain lens types, then that pretty much makes your decision for you. I have always been a Nikon shooter, therefore the D70 was a no brainer!)

2) Go and try some out. Basically I would pick the one that you feel most comfortable with.

At the end of the day, all of the above will give you an excellent result...........you just have to make a choice, and only you can do that!

Andrew

Comment

If it's just for aviation photography, I'd say the 300D.

Simply because it's so much cheaper, and I really haven't seen photos taken with the other DSLRs that just blow Rebel results away.
              Will F.
              Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Hmmm.... what do you guys have?
                Click below.

Comment

Also-
                  What are the features the 10D has over the 300D? Would these goodies improve image quality or are they just 'there' & are novelties?
                  Click below.

Comment

Also-
                    What are the features the 10D has over the 300D? Would these goodies improve image quality or are they just 'there' & are novelties?
                    They do not improve image quality.

I use a 300D.
                    Will F.
                    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by andyhunt
                      And nobody even mentioned the D70
                      Andrew
                      Let's go back to page 2...
                      Originally posted by b777
                      The Olympus E-1 didn't get as good a recommendation as the 300D or 10D at dpreview. It may have a few revolutionary features but isn't really worth the extra $$$. The Nikon D70 is a better alternative to the 300D.
                      Didn't read the whole thread did you?

Also-
                      Would these goodies improve image quality or are they just 'there' & are novelties?
                      I wouldn't say the extra features of the 10D are novelties. They allow an experienced photographer more control over his/her exposure. Also, the materials used on the 10D is of a better grade than the 300D (magnesium alloy instead of plastic) However, both sensors are pretty much, if not, identical. In the hands of the same photographer, the 10D and 300D will produce images of equal quality.

If you are really serious about photography, the extra features on the 10D maybe useful in the long run...but if you are not sure you will become interested enough to justify a 10D, a good compromise is to get a used D30 or D60 body off ebay. Not only is it cheaper than the 300D (well...maybe not the D60), it has many of the features that the 10D has.

...Or you can buy a 300D and install the firmware hack
                      Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                      No Frontiers

Comment

Finally someone has seen the light

Although some of stuff is still missing... it's damn good

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                          Finally someone has seen the light

Although some of stuff is still missing... it's damn good
                          I heard many of the features missing on the 300D can be re-enabled via software.

Just to be on the safe side though, I wouldn't install the hack until the warranty expires.
                          Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                          No Frontiers

Comment

What's the hack?
                            Click below.

Comment

What's the hack?
                              A programer in Russia got the software code of the program out of the camera using a program called 10sh or something like that. But anyways he modified the software code in the firmware and uncovered the hidden custom functions menu that was there but hidden in the origional Canon firmware. Some of teh stuff worked right away but other stuff he worked on/is still working on the code to get more and more stuff enabled. So far some of the stuff that works is FEC, ISO3200, MLU, selectible AF modes (although AI servo doesn't quite work yet), RAW+JPEG size selection, and some other stuff. He is still working on getting the AI-Servo to work properly and the metering modes as well as a few more custom functions that don't work yet. The hack is sweet so far and will get even better. The warantee aspect is debatable. Although what i have heard is that for Canon to deny service for a problem with the camera they would have to be able to prove that the hack caused it.... but thing is... the hack doens't harm the camera at all... just makes it better. The latest verson was released on 6/16 so since he hasn't released anything for over a month i'm hoping/anticipating that whenever he does release the next version it will have some biggies in it. And yes the point of the hack is to turn the 300D into a silver 10D....

Comment

Whoa! And where is this hack available? How do you download it into the camera?
                                Click below.

Comment

Working...
                                X