Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrew Hunt won't probably upload anymore :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andyhunt
    replied
    Glenn,

The boy knows what is good for him! And those lovely big jetplanes are his penchant!

But at the moment, we are restricted to photographing static aircraft. I've managed to get him to progress to aircraft lining up on Runway 18 at SHA, but when he moves onto landing shots, then I know that he has made it.

Off to the airport this afternoon for more lessons!

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Glenn
    replied
    Ahh gee, well that's kinda taken the wind out of my sails now

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    I accept all of your pics Glenn...I was talking about our "other" uploaders...

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• Glenn
    replied
    Hmmm

I know you rejected an A-4 but the only one that shows in my que is this one

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=317401

hardly an Airliner. But that poses the other question, where are the other rejects ?

Leave a comment:

• Glenn
    replied
    A-4 Skyhawk wasn't it ? Not that big.

Anyway, Screeners discretion is a factor outside our control

Honestly can't recall what you rejected but one thing I know, I didn't uplaod any Airliner thingies

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    Trust me glenn I saw no Cessnas or Warbirds amongst the photos I was rejecting yesterday

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• Glenn
    replied
    Yeah but they weren't airliners. They're smaller harder thingies to photograph

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn
    Told ya's

Anybody can shoot them big airliner thingies
    You wanna see yesterday's reject list?

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• Glenn
    replied
    Told ya's

Anybody can shoot them big airliner thingies

Leave a comment:

• uy707
    replied
    Nice picture Julian, nice job from the start....
    Congrats Andrew for ensuring your succession so soon
    Alain

Leave a comment:

• andyhunt
    replied
    On it's way soon!

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    Julian has been bugging me for ages to go to the airport to take pictures. I finally took him and basically he got to use a Fuji S1 Pro. At first, he was having trouble centering the aircraft in the frame, cutting off noses and tails all over the place. I explained what he had to do and he corrected this, but the result was horizons that were all over the place. Finally once this got explained, he got the hang of it. We went home and when we checked what he had done, there were two photos that came out pretty well. Not 100% perfect, but they were sharp, centered (almost! ) and level.
    Where's #2?

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• andyhunt
    replied
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of the nice comments, I just saw this thread!

Julian has been bugging me for ages to go to the airport to take pictures. I finally took him and basically he got to use a Fuji S1 Pro. At first, he was having trouble centering the aircraft in the frame, cutting off noses and tails all over the place. I explained what he had to do and he corrected this, but the result was horizons that were all over the place. Finally once this got explained, he got the hang of it. We went home and when we checked what he had done, there were two photos that came out pretty well. Not 100% perfect, but they were sharp, centered (almost! ) and level.

Now he wants to go again.........hooray!

Mind you, he had an easy location to photograph from. No fence, and very very close to the aircraft..........to give you an idea of the proximity:

photoid=[320814]

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Simpleboy
    replied
    Originally posted by CPH Aviation
    Congrats Julian with your first upload! Good quality picture, nice and sharp

Soren
    I know, beat the hell out my my first upload, and about my next 100 too.

Leave a comment:

• mikecweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Leftseat86
    Originally posted by LX-A343
    The most important part in all this was to look thru the viewfinder and get that shot with a) the aircraft properly framed and centered and b) not blurry and c) with the quality needed to get a good result. The bit of post processing and adding a remark is irrelevant. And besides, there are clever young ones around. Something we oldtimers (I'm 39......) admire ... sometimes.

Gerardo
    If a 5 year old can take such a nice picture you wonder what is going through the minds of some of our other uploaders...

-Clovis
    LOL I was thinkin the same thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X