Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many megapixels to India?

Hi there!

I have a dilemma... next week I'm going holidays to la India (Delhi-Leh-Katmandu-Pokhara... maybe Lukla?), and I'm sure I will take lots of very interesting aviation photos.

I have my beloved Canon 300D, but I want to take a very little bag, and the 300D is big... and expensive! I can take a Nikon coolpix 2200, with 2 Mpixels and zoom x3. (the biggest I can take is 1600x...).

Is it enough for uploading photos here?

Thanks!

Well I have 5 pics here, 3 were taken with a 1.3 megapixel and no visual zoom, 2 were taken with 2.2 Megapixel and 2x visual zoom.

They're few, but hey, it is possible to get good shots with the 2.2 camera you say.

Saludos!

Comment

Take the 300D...

Comment

A bit of bad news for you though...Photography over Indian airspace and at Indian Airports is prohibited. You can try and sneak some, but they are strict about this.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

also You are going to INDIA. Never know, can get robbed of your 300D. Lol its the enviornment of these tipical foreign south east asian countires. Me having origins from Pakistan. Back in 2000, my dad went to Pakistan. Karachi Intl, with thousands of dollars worth of gold, and some electronics (video camera) in a carry on. And the airport screeners stole it!!! Once my dad put it through the xray machine it never came out. My dads friend works in PIA says the screeners are theifs. They can make the belt open and the bag falls in a secret compartment! Id say take the Nikon, also since photography is prohibited!
          Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

Sh*t i that case i wouldn't even go there

Comment

LOL ya you should have seen how I had to act at the Lahore airport last summer. When it was me, my dad, sister and brother. And we were taking a new computer there! It was like my dad and little bro put the bags in, I would give a mean stare at teh screener to see that hes not doing something and as soon as I would even see pour bags, I would quickly reach, grab it, with the NO NO your not taking this bag look on my face Its an adventure. But I liked it!!!!!
              Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

I don't know how it is in Karachi, but pretty much everywhere in India the x-ray machines are short and at no time is the luggage anywhere where the screeners can reach it without you seeing it. Also, things will not get stolen at airports anywhere if you keep them with you. If you leave them unattended, then anywhere in the world they might get stolen.

Don't get scared by these rumors. More than half of these stories are not true.
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

its the enviornment of these tipical foreign south east asian countires.
                  My dads friend works in PIA says the screeners are theifs. They can make the belt open and the bag falls in a secret compartment!

Just how many people do you want to insult?

I've travelled to Asia quite a few times and have never had anything stolen, had parts of my luggage damaged twice on a recent trip to the USA though.

Your comments are of no value if they are based simply on hearsay from a friend of your Dad's.

Matt
                  My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Hi!

Thanks for all your advice! The fact that photography is forbidden in India was another reason for me to take the Nikon, it's easyer to pass unnoticed.
                    I have also a pic here done with a 2 Mp camera, but I uploaded quite a few time ago, and I was asking myself if standards could go up...

Anyway, I will miss a lot my 300D...

Comment

Originally posted by egll
                      its the enviornment of these tipical foreign south east asian countires.
                      My dads friend works in PIA says the screeners are theifs. They can make the belt open and the bag falls in a secret compartment!

Just how many people do you want to insult?

I've travelled to Asia quite a few times and have never had anything stolen, had parts of my luggage damaged twice on a recent trip to the USA though.

Your comments are of no value if they are based simply on hearsay from a friend of your Dad's.

Matt
                      Very well put.
                      Will F.
                      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Working...
                      X