Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

members being banned for low quality photos ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• members being banned for low quality photos ?

G'day people,
    I have recently been informed by some anonamous posters around the forums that some people have had one month bans placed on them because they are uploading low quality pics to the site.

I first want to know if this is true before any more? and if so I think its rediculous to place suspensions on people for uploading low quality photos. Everyone has different tastes and to penalise them for even trying is an outrage.

I am hoping that someone will reply telling me this is not the case.

Cheers,

Mark Nicol
    Regards,
    M. Nicol (JetPhotos.net Photographer...)
    <a href="http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1395">Click Here To
    View My Aircraft Pictures On JP.Net!</a>

I am pretty sure that in not true. If in fact it was, I would leave in a heartbeat, that is very uncalled for, because... I used to have "low quality" photos once upon a time.
    Cory Klimko
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Not true. Someone was politely asked not to upload the same picture repeatedly. Read the other threads. -Pepe-

Comment

This is unsubstantiated nonsense.

Just goes to show you shouldn't believe all you hear, especially when those people wish to remain anonymous.

Nobody will be banned for uploading low quality shots alone.

I hope this puts an end to this.

Thank you

Garry
        Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
        Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

atco, may i remind you that i was banned from uploading, but i am no longer.

I think whoever the screnner was got p****d off at having to screen my photos.

Joe,
          | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

Joe,

My understanding was the you were banned for continually uploading the same rejected photo without improving it. Such actions waste everyone's time and we take a dim view of it.

The single action of uploading low quality photos will not get anyone banned, however it does beg the question why upload photos you know are of low quality in the first place.
            Have a scan through the database and check on the differing ranges of photos we have. From the latest digital SLR shots to scans from prints, they are all there, and it should not take much scanning to see what sort of things we are looking for.
            Also read the Upload page guidlines. Ask yourself, do my shots have the same kind of quality that matches the standards in the database, and do my shots comply with the upload guidlines. If they don't there hardly seems any point in uploading in the first place

For example, Joe, the shot you uploaded of G-LGTI (I think it was), anyway the BA 737 at EGCC, had most of the tail cut off, which would be rejected if it had been shot with an EOS 1D. It's not the equipment that is the limiting factor in such a case it's the composition and lighting (It was heavily backlit too I remember), you need to think about how you are going to frame your shot before you shoot rather than just aim camera and fire randomly.

Rather than adopting a scattergun approach to uploading (ie; upload everything), be your own hardest critic...........Is my shot good quality, is it well composed, well lit. If it isn't don't upload it and concentrate on your best work, move on to the next print. You need to be selective of what you spend your time on. A crap photo will produce a crap scan..........that's not to say you take crap photos by the way !! but you need to be sure you are starting from your best work, then spend time perfecting the digital image and then upload your best work.

I have offered my advice in a previous thread about how you can improve your photography, and I'm sure you will given time, just remember that those of us who have many pictures on various databases have lots of experience, and have learned our hobby over time, you can't just expect to be really successful right at the start.

Regards

Garry
            Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
            Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

If they really did that, then thats really shady!
              Pete at PIT.....KPIT Rocks!

Comment

I seem to remember the ban being removed by Chris within hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete at PIT
                  If they really did that, then thats really shady!
                  Did you read anything else posted above, other than the original message?
                  Trump is an idiot!
                  Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Yet again .... there are people who dont like the success of this site !
                    The people who are speading these rumours really need to get a life

what would be the point of doing this ... sure if this was true then i would leave.

So the answer is NO IT IS TOTALLY UNTRUE and the people who are spreading this ***** should look at there own life and stop interefering with other peoples

Tony

Comment

Sorry Chris,

I love this site! I didn't say to be rude...it was only meant as a Joke! It was all in good fun!

Take care,
                      Pete
                      Pete at PIT.....KPIT Rocks!

Comment

Working...
                      X