Shots of ATL???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Starnes
    What dates are you guys looking at? As far as sun angles go, summer time is BY FAR the best time of the year to go. The Renaissance Concourse Hotel can usually be booked for 79 ir 89 a night. You need to request and "airport side" room. These shots below were shot from the 8th floor.

Departing 26L
    [photoid=332617]

Cluster of activity on a Sunday morning
    [photoid=319737]

Night shot looking down on the Delta North Ramp
    [photoid=318034]

Looking east from the hotel...toward the Delta TOC
    [photoid=316928]

The 26s are normally in use but here is what an 8L in heavy fog looks like
    [photoid=316917]

All of these were shot with a 75-300 (on a D60). Yes, a tripod is a very handy thing to have at night.

There are a couple of resturants within walking distance (a couple of blocks)...McDonalds is the only fast food place within a block or two...there are also a couple of sports bars out near the interstate that are probably a 10 mintue walk away. The resturant at the hotel is VERY expensive.

Keep me updated on the dates and I may try to join you guys.

Chris
    wow 300mm? I wonder what I can do with my 600-1000mm lense . Will it do me anygood?

How does an airline thats going bankrupt sign new regional carriers, launch a discount airline, purchase new planes, AND repaint their fleet? I dunno, ask United.

Fly1346 wrote: we have a SXM rite here at LGA!!! All you got to do is add the topless chicks

My Pics on J.net

Comment

Originally posted by pullin4u
      All these pictures have pretty much convinced me to get to ATL next year, if not before. I can see kicking back on the balcony watching the show...
      Perhaps we could make an attempt to get some sort of tour from Delta or something? If we make ourselves known in advance as an aviation enthusiast group it might be possible...who knows?
      Brilliant! We have to try and do that! I remember UA used to give tours of the hanger and maintaince ramp at SFO, mabey DAL would do that?

How does an airline thats going bankrupt sign new regional carriers, launch a discount airline, purchase new planes, AND repaint their fleet? I dunno, ask United.

Fly1346 wrote: we have a SXM rite here at LGA!!! All you got to do is add the topless chicks

My Pics on J.net

Comment

Working...
      X