Minolta DSLR's when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minolta DSLR's when?

Hello everybody I'm looking to upgrade to a digital SLR from my Minolta Maxxum 4 SLR. I have my eye on a Cannon EOSrebel DSLR or $1399 or a Nikon DSLR for $1899, but the thing is I already have a 28-80mm and 70-300mm Sigma lens for my Minolta and I don't want to spend more money on lenses for a different brand camera. So in short i'm asking does anyone know when Minolta will be comming out with DSLR's (approx.)??

Thanks again.

Re: Minolta DSLR's when?

Originally posted by wj_737_200
    Hello everybody I'm looking to upgrade to a digital SLR from my Minolta Maxxum 4 SLR. I have my eye on a Cannon EOSrebel DSLR or $1399 or a Nikon DSLR for $1899, but the thing is I already have a 28-80mm and 70-300mm Sigma lens for my Minolta and I don't want to spend more money on lenses for a different brand camera. So in short i'm asking does anyone know when Minolta will be comming out with DSLR's (approx.)??

Thanks again.
    This fall...
    Click Here for my aviation photographs.
    No Frontiers

Comment

B777,

I am in a similar position and have been waiting for a Minolta DSLR for a long time. However I am not sure if my current sigma lenses (all 10+ years old) will be compatible with the new camera. If they are then I might get one - if not then Minolta will have lost another customer to Canon/Nikon.

Comment

This fall? I saw a guy with a Minolta DSLR in France a few days ago

Comment

Minolta D-SLR

Hi there,

Probably you've seen one of those good Point and Shoot... Minolta has a few of those that look like an SLR but aren't.

I guess that the launch of Minolta's D-SLR is scheduled for this fall.

One other thing, you might want to review where you buy your camera. The prices you've mentioned are way too high... I bought my 300D a few months ago for less than 1100 € and at that time it was costing less than 1000 USD.´
          Regards

Comment

Re: Minolta D-SLR

Originally posted by fleitao
            Hi there,

Probably you've seen one of those good Point and Shoot... Minolta has a few of those that look like an SLR but aren't.
            I dont think it was one of those, this one had a huge lense attached and a huge flash, I know the P&S your talking about and im pretty sure it wasnt one of those...

Comment

Great, I can finally go digital

Regards,
              ChristianS

Comment

Re: Minolta D-SLR

I dont think it was one of those, this one had a huge lense attached and a huge flash, I know the P&S your talking about and im pretty sure it wasnt one of those
                Hi,

The Minolta DSLR has not been released yet, this will happen next month. If you saw a person with a KM DSLR, you should have taken a pic and you would have had a scoop.
                KM has however a 1.5x converter which is quite a huge piece of glass and the Ax series cameras can have a flash attached

Regards,

Rob

Comment

I'm glad I held off on buying a DSLR (my minolta maxxum 4 SLR is only a year old and i'm already upgrading). I don't think i'll ever be able to go strictly digital, I love my film cameras. I guess I like the element of surprise about how the pictures turned out after they get developed

Comment

Working...
                  X