New Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Glass

I am finally in the "L" Glass club!! After reading the couple of opinions and reading other consumer ratings, I went out and bought the Canon 70-200m f/4.0L Lens. I am a couple months out of shape with aviation photography, I went to ORD to take a couple shots. Here are the results.

SET LOVE FREE!!

At that size...you can't really tell a difference.
    Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

mmmmmm...the L glass!!
      ***My Blog***

Comment

Thats a very nice lens... you'll love it

Comment

Good purchase, hope you enjoy it. Suffice to say side on shots of approaching airplanes in good weather are not difficult for even cheaper lenses.

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
            mmmmmm...the L glass!!
            Mmm indeed.

Comment

Very nice glass indeed. I am close to buying one myself but still need to think about it a bit.
              Click Here for my aviation photographs.
              No Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                Good purchase, hope you enjoy it. Suffice to say side on shots of approaching airplanes in good weather are not difficult for even cheaper lenses.

-Clovis
                I agree with that. I am still learning the different spots at ORD and MDW and when I find some nice spots, the side shots will vanish!!
                SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by swaphx99

-Clovis
                  I agree with that. I am still learning the different spots at ORD and MDW and when I find some nice spots, the side shots will vanish!!
                  They don't have to vanish...I like a nice clean side on every now and then, but there is more challenge in getting something really unique...

Comment

Some spots only allow for side shots. I am working on getting the best vantage points possible.
                    SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
                      I waited and waited and eventually, I got a photo that knocked my socks off...
                      can we see it??

Comment

What? The photo or the socks?
                        SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by swaphx99
                          What? The photo or the socks?
                          you really don't want to see his socks (Kev, btw, you still owe me that BP-511)

Comment

-Clovis
                            And shooting UAL A319s and AA 777s at ORD wont do good....Ive done the whole deal 3 years before you. Take the L glass to 22R or 27L and be creative.
                            Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
                            Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Originally posted by PolishAir42
                              And shooting UAL A319s and AA 777s at ORD wont do good....Ive done the whole deal 3 years before you. Take the L glass to 22R or 27L and be creative.
                              Like I have said, I am still learning the spotting areas around ORD. If anyone would like to help me out and show me the good spots, my camera and I would certainly appreciate it!!
                              SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X