Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon EOS 300D or EOS D30?

Hi everyone

I was wondering wich Canon is the best for aviation photography.And their prices in U.S.,if possible.
    Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.
    My photos on Jetphotos.net

Renato

I have never used either camera but judging from the specs i would hazard a guess that the 300D is better.

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
    View the Darkside

Comment

Both of those cameras will do a great job at aviation photography, but which is best is also determined by what glass you've got attached to it, and probably one of the most important factors is that the person behind the viewfinder knows how to use it .

Comment

B7772ADL,

I agree with you.But if youīre specting wonderful shots just from whoīs behind the viewfinder,I should say,donīt count on it
        I say that cause I guess that the adaptation from a Sonyīs 3.2MP DSC Cybershot compact camera to an DSLR isnīt easy at all..
        Anyway,thank you for the reply.And thanks to G-MIDY too!

Renato

Comment

If you just gonna upload to the internet, the D30 is by far the better and cheaper choice. Save yourself some money and get some L.

Comment

Three months ago Renato, I was in your shoes. I came here for help and I was advised the Canon 300D... Haven't looked back since

Dale

Comment

I thought that,Scott,thatīs why I asked you guys about it..thanks!

Dale,thank you for the link,I havenīt saw that yet
              I believe both are great cameras for Single Lens Reflex begginers(and for advanced users too).I just feel D30 has a more pro look..of course,this doesnīt mean that Rebel is a "cheap-look" camera(I heard that a lot..).

Renato

Comment

Originally posted by Renato
                I thought that,Scott,thatīs why I asked you guys about it..thanks!

Dale,thank you for the link,I havenīt saw that yet
                I believe both are great cameras for Single Lens Reflex begginers(and for advanced users too).I just feel D30 has a more pro look..of course,this doesnīt mean that Rebel is a "cheap-look" camera(I heard that a lot..).
                Looks can be deceiving. I'd highly suggest not choosing a camera just because it looks 'pro.'

Nevertheless, I'd take the D30 with some L over a 300D with some 'regular' lenses any day.
                CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

If its just Aviation photography, get the D30. The more I look at the two cameras, the more I would choose the D30, bu you haev to factor in that the D30 will be second hand.
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Of course,Checksix.What really matter is the camera!

Simpleboy,I donīt mind about second hand,if the camera is well conserved and if it have no failures.

Anybody knows D30īs price(not the exactly price,just to have an idea)?In USD,please..

Renato

Comment

On Ebay it ranges from US$400-US$600 depending on accessories.
                      Sam Rudge
                      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

'nuf said.
                        Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                        No Frontiers

Comment

Working...
                        X