Engine heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine heat

Hey all, I was just wondering If theres a "special" way to catch exaust heat....(well... a way to make it more noticeable) If you up the apeurture will this help? It seems all the great photos have alot of heat in them...(not from the ground, but the engines....) and alot of those are shot with L-glass or the equivilent..... I want more heat, anybody have any tricks to make it stand out in your photos?
    -Frogman

Scenic/colourful backgrounds (such as trees, etc) can show up the jet wash quite well. Another way is to sharpening the photo (to a certain extent), this can also bring out the effect

Dale

Comment

Best is a detail rich background like trees or something.

Comment

thanks guys!! my last photo accepted (mustve been a fluke) had alot of heat in the prop wash, so I guess Ill try to recreate it and see what happens!!

Comment

Here are some good examples

-PIAA310
          ***My Blog***

Comment

Detail mainly brings it out. But you dont need good glass. Point n Shoots can get it to come out as well. As seen in [photoid=253867]. My whole camera (body adn lens) is cheaper than some lenses used here and it still gets it.
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Here is an example out of my collection

[photoid=335061]

and another one. This time the heat from the thrust reversers

[photoid=309633]

Comment

you need a relatively fast shutterspeed. What you are trying to capture is a little wrinkle in the air, it moves fast, it swirles around. If your shutterspeed is sufficiently fast enough, the heatwave will be frozen on your image.
                Trying to keep the edge...

Comment

Here's one from yesterdays collection. As said, green backgrounds or buildings show up the heat hase really well. A fast shutter speed also helps.
                  [photoid=374365]
                  Cheers .. Jid

Comment

those are some sewwt examples everybody!!! Im hoping that with the cooler temps in winter there might be a contrast in air temps and they will really be brought out...... winters coming, so dress warm if your up in NY.....
                    -Frogman

Comment

Working...
                    X